Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hnoeywell Redlink

Hnoeywell Redlink

I am thinking about automating my home with a RadioRA system. One question I have is will it work with my Honeywell YTHX9421R5069/U thermo stat the require their Redlink to hook it up to the internet.

Thermostat https://customer.honeywell.com/en-US...THX9421R5069/U

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Mopar_Mudder, currently there are only 2 thermostats that work with Radio Ra2. There is the Lutron HVAC Controller (model number LR-HVAC-1-WH) and the Honeywell/Lutron TouchPro (model number LR-HWLV-HVAC). We will soon be releasing the Connect Bridge which will allow any Honeywell Wi-Fi thermostat or Nest thermostat to work with the Radio Ra2 or Homeworks QS system. I would suggest working with an Authorized Radio Ra2 installer to help you spec the system and get everything installed and programmed for you.

I'd echo working with an RR2 installer. The HVAC controller package is great if you want multiple sensors for a given zone for sure. You don't want any of the Redlink thermostats for integration however.

I've got an install with four Honeywell thermostats (Prestige IAQ, iirc) using a Redlink gateway. All four show up in the app. On a Samsung S7 phone, that is. The tablet app doesn't seem to have that support, yet?

All I had to do was add the Redlink account to the app and it automatically downloaded the four thermostats and put them in the app.

Know that at this point in time this is an integration handled only through the app itself. The app is required to make any changes. It allows heat/cool temp +/- changes (not schedules or modes). There's currently no support for integrating the Redlink thermostats for control via RA2 hard buttons or timeclock events.

So if you're using the app for remote control and want to just bump the temp a few degrees, it's handy. If you want to do anything else, you'd have to use the Honeywell app instead.

Hey there sir, here we go: Major Connect Bridge Problem