Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lutron TouchPro Wireless Thermostat - Caseta Compatibility

Lutron TouchPro Wireless Thermostat - Caseta Compatibility

Hi:Purchased a TouchPro Wireless Thermostat while building my new home to facilitate the startup of my HVAC system as I was planning on implementing a Radio Ra2 installation. However, now that Caseta has been released, it appears as though it may be a better alternative for my home (~2500 sqft).Seeking clarity on compatibility with the TouchPro Wireless Thermostat and the Caseta Home Bridge (they both support ClearConnect & I noticed a previous post possibly referencing compatibility) but no documentation on the Lutron site points to interoperability.Like the thermostat as it still has the S1/S2 external temperature sensor which is important for my area - otherwise need to find an alternative.:ThanksKettle

Lutron Technical Support
    There is no inter-compatibility between the Radio Ra2 and Caseta systems. They both use the same Clear Connect RF communication technology, but they speak different languages. The TouchPro thermostat will only work on the Radio Ra2 and Homeworks QS systems. There is a Lutron specific Honeywell HVAC control that will work on Caseta system. It is the L-HWLV2-WIFI. Other Honeywell (and other companies) wifi HVAC controls will work on the Caseta system as well. See: http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/Alliances.aspx for a list.