Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HWQS control of Heatmiser Slimline-N with external temp probes

HWQS control of Heatmiser Slimline-N with external temp probes

I have a HWQS system and need to link it to control 16 zone Heatmiser system using 2 x UH-1 and 16 x Slimline-N thermostats. All of the thermostats have external air probes connected.

I use Moxa NPort RS-485 to Ethernet adapter.

I am able to configure and use the system fine when the thermostats are set to take the temperature from in-built sensors. When I switch the thermostats to use the external air probes, all I can get is 12 deg C on in all the rooms. I am still getting a two way comms as I can change the set point via Lutron app and also see it changed when applied via thermostat, so the only thing that does not work is the actual temp reading.

I am using HWQS 9.4.

Has anyone done it and can help please?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by smartspacegroup View Post
    I have a HWQS system and need to link it to control 16 zone Heatmiser system using 2 x UH-1 and 16 x Slimline-N thermostats. All of the thermostats have external air probes connected.

I use Moxa NPort RS-485 to Ethernet adapter.

I am able to configure and use the system fine when the thermostats are set to take the temperature from in-built sensors. When I switch the thermostats to use the external air probes, all I can get is 12 deg C on in all the rooms. I am still getting a two way comms as I can change the set point via Lutron app and also see it changed when applied via thermostat, so the only thing that does not work is the actual temp reading.

I am using HWQS 9.4.

Has anyone done it and can help please?
    Dear smartspacegroup,

Thank you for the information.

We are looking to add support for the Heatmiser external sensors in our 10.X release of the software. We expect this to be released end of March to early/mid April.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    We are looking to add support for the Heatmiser external sensors in our 10.X release of the software. We expect this to be released end of March to early/mid April.
    Thanks for your response.

As it is now April, can you please advise when the 10.x version of the software will be released?

Thanks,
    Peter

I came across this too. I used a small AMX controller to change over the built in sensor reading and the external probe reading before it went back to the lutron processor.
    So, the Lutron sends strings to the ether/serial converter the AMX passes these to the stats. The return data is filtered by the AMX controller and the bytes swapped and sent back to the processor - so if you do AMX or Crestron, its pretty straight forward until a fix is released

thanks! I did indeed think about it and know it is possible but would ideally try to avoid that much additional expense - the property does not have an overall control system for AV.

Just tried the new version 10, and i cannot see the remote probe option anywhere. Does anyone know if it is there?

Thanks!

HWQS 10.0 does have the capability to read the feedback from the sensor. This is not added or configured in the HWQS software. This is setup on the Heatmiser system to use this sensor type.

Anyone checked if this works?

yes, it does

10. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post
    Sorry, I'd tried it myself in the mean time - mine works too. Took the AMX control out of it and it works a treat. 26 zones! But thanks for the reply!