Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta Smart Bridge and Comcast

Caseta Smart Bridge and Comcast

I am unable to connect to the Smart Bridge from the app. Support believes that Comcast is blocking the ports required for the SB to work. Is anyone using the SB with Comcast? If so, did you have to reconfigure any ports and how did you do that.

Thanks,
    Norm

I received and email from support that their engineers have done further tests and my SB is not being blocked by Comcast. I have given them my router information per their request. I will update this post when I get more information from Lutron support. Norm

I am stuck at this exact same screen...
    Did you find a solution?

Yes, I did find a solution, but I am not sure that it will work for everyone. Lutron support decided to give me a new Smart Bridge (SB) and asked that I send them a picture of the label with the model number, serial number, etc. While I had the SB on my bench where I repair computers I decided to give it another try. I plugged my Android phone charger into the power plug and plugged the Ethernet cable into the D-Link Ethernet switch on my bench. Everything worked. I have been on the phone with Lutron engineering and they cannot determine why this works. Their instructions to me have always been to plug the SB directly into the router. I have since tried another D-Link switch (different model) and a Linksys switch and neither of them worked. The model that works is a D-Link DSS-16+. Lutron's attitude is, "if it works don't fix it" (and I agree). I have been using this configuration for about three weeks and have never failed to connect from my phone. Note: I am using the power supply that came with the SB. Since there is no solid explanation as to why this configuration works, I cannot recommend buying a $70 switch. Sorry that I could not be more helpful. Norm