Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro dimmer causes other lights on maestro dimmers to "blink" on/off.

Maestro dimmer causes other lights on maestro dimmers to "blink" on/off.

I have installed four Lutron MACL-153M-WH Maestro 150-Watt Multi-Location CFL/LED Digital Dimmer with companion dimmers around the house. Three of them are on one circuit (#2) and the forth on another (#18). If any of the lights are turned "on" for circuit #2, and I turn the light "on" or "off" circuit #18 from the master or any companion dimmers; the lights on circuit #2 blink "off/on" once. I noticed the master dimmer switch LED indicator powers down on the indicator lights and immediately back up to the preset dim level.

The lights on #2 are all LED. The light on #18 are CFL.

What would be causing lights on different circuits to do this? Everything works fine on the individual circuits and there are no other observable issues with the dimmers/lights.

Thanks.
    Brad

Katie H.
    BradB,

Thank you for contacting us today. It sounds like you may be having some neutral interaction. Please call into our technical support line at 1-844-LUTRON1 to speak with one of our Technical Support Representatives. We are available 24/7, so call whenever is most convenient for you. This will allow us to fully troubleshoot your application. We look forward to hearing from you.

Hi

I am having a similar issue
    in a restaurant we have 3 LED dimmers controlling 3 different circuits.

when 1 dimmer is used, there is one spot that when hit, makes the lights on a completely different circuit blink. The dimmers all work good independently if the other 2/3 are off

weird

I was thinking of disconnecting the ground cause that is the only way they could be interacting?

dennis

Katie H.
    dopplet,

It sounds like you may be having some neutral interaction also. Disconnecting the ground would not fix this type of issue. We can help you troubleshoot this application over the phone if you could please call into our technical support line at 1-844-LUTRON1. We are available 24/7, so call whenever is most convenient for you. We look forward to hearing from you.