Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Count down timer feature for Ra2

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_West View Post
    Thanks Mike -- I can see this solution working for a fan control. However, if you want a light to turn off, that's controlled by a dimmer, this solution doesn't work -- the light would just gradually dim over 20 minutes -- unless I'm overlooking something.
    This would work for lighting as well. Look under Design, and right click the dimmer/switch in question. Pop up menu comes up and select advanced settings. You can change the high/low trim/ fade on/off, preset level, and the part you need- delayed fade off. Delayed fade off is rarely used, even in stand-alone Maestro. Most don't know it's there or how to use it. Figure out the amount of seconds you want to have a time out for, and enter into the Delayed Fade Off box. Save and transfer. Now go to the dimmer in question and press and hold. You'll see the indicator LEDs start flashing. The higher the LED on the dimmer, the longer the delayed fade off. When it gets close to timing out, it will be on the lowest of the LEDs. If the dimmer is touched again during this delay, the delay is cancelled and normal operation resumes. If the timer reaches the set time, light fades off. Teach this sequence to the homeowner. They'll forget, and call for a reminder sometimes. Usually, if they want this feature, they remember. Just press and hold the dimmer. If you have your own system or are on site, try an existing dimmer. Standard setting is for 30 seconds.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    Thank you for this feedback; we will forward this information to our RadioRa2 development team on a fan-timer feature. Using two keypad buttons, however, you could simulate the functionality of a timer. Please see the steps belowfor a workaround on creating a bath fan timer for RadioRa 2. HomeWorks uses sequences to achieve this functionality. Unfortunately, RA2 does not have this ability. The only drawback is that this method will use two buttons to complete the task. Process:1. Create a button that will control the bath switch. I called this button "Fan On/Off". Associate it with the switch and make it a toggle. This way the end user can switch the load off if they wish when they exit the room.Attachment 852. Next, create a button called timer. This is going to be the second button used in this process. This button will execute the timer then will shut the fan off. Make the button type a "Single/Multi room scene". Set the level for the switch to off. This will make the switch turn off when the delay is met. Next you can set up the delay. If you do not see the delay option, right click the "Programmed Item Name" toolbar and select "Show Delay". Set the delay for the time until the load will shut off. In this example, it is set to 20 minutes.Attachment 86
    Does this work with Essential version of the software? I don't have the inclusive version and I don't see a "delay" drop down.

right click on the "spreadsheet" display on the right in programming to bring up the option to show delay
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123