Thread: Lutron Wireless Switch/Phillips Hue/LIFX

I am a newbie to home automation,

check this video to link Lutron with Philips Hue

https://youtu.be/dig2u7QirXU

Quote Originally Posted by geauxsaints View Post

unfortunatly Lutron doesn’t care that people want to be able to control hue and other smart bulbs... they have discontinued this item and refuse to add 3erd party integration for pico remotes... Somone who does care will eventually fill the market gap.

there are people scalping those thing on eBay for like 100$ now... good luck getting one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by geauxsaints View Post

unfortunatly Lutron doesn’t care that people want to be able to control hue and other smart bulbs... they have discontinued this item and refuse to add 3erd party integration for pico remotes... Somone who does care will eventually fill the market gap.

there are people scalping those thing on eBay for like 100$ now... good luck getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgurrieri View Post
    I am new to the lutron caseta wireless world and my wife and I love the look of these switches. I just found out after replacing some GE zwave paddle switches that my Phillip Hue lights do not work when they are connected to the caseta dimmer switch or on/off switch. I did find out that if I have 1 normal dimmer LED bulb connected and the rest Hue BR30 bulbs connected that I can turn on and off all the bulbs with the caseta and pico switches/remotes; however, I don't want to mix a standard Phillips dimmer led with my Phillips hue Led bulbs.

Have any of you had any experience or luck with getting hue A19 or BR30 LED bulbs to work with any of the caseta wireless switches? Also, if hue doesn't work will LIFX work or any other color changing bulbs?
    I have mostly Lutron caseta dimmer, caseta fan control, n caseta on/off switches with very few leviton smart decora. I only use the Caseta dimmer with non-smart dimmable LED bulb. I use my Caseta PD-6ANS on/off switch to control(just ... well... on and off) my hue light bulbs ( both A19 color n BR30 color) and lifx color bulbs. Then I also use Aeotec nanomote ($40 from Amazon) to control the colors, brightness, and scene (you can also turn on/off the hue or lifx bulbs). however, I use smartthings hub to connect between my aeotec nanomote and my smart light bulbs. But you can use the Aeotec nanmote to control other than light bulbs. But if you have smart hub, I think you can use any z-wave "remote" switch to control the lights. you just need to set up the remote in the smart hub app. As for preset on power on, I use philips hue app, to set my hue bulb behavior at power (default to warm, custom color n brightness, or last light setting before power off). I hope this helps. For more expansive solution, you can use harmony smart home remote or smart wifi remote by Sevenhugs (very versatile smart remote but I think it's about $400!!!).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12