Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Will the Vive Hub work with my existing Clear Connect products?

Authorized Lutron Contributor

Will the Vive Hub work with my existing Clear Connect products?

Yes and No. There will be some new products to be released that will work either independently or in conjunction with the Vive Hub. There will be new models for our Maestro Wireless, PowPak and Individual Fixture controls. The System will work with our current Radio Powr Savr series devices (occupancy, vacancy and daylight) as well as select Pico Wireless controls.

So will Vive work with the current maestro wireless products out now?

Like the MRF2-600M and the MRF2-8S-DV devices? And the current LRF2-OCR2B occ sensors?

Just trying to understand if I can continue to put the MRF2 devices in to keep clients happy or if I should halt and wait for the new models to come out.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by RA2-Designer-Gal View Post
    So will Vive work with the current maestro wireless products out now?

Like the MRF2-600M and the MRF2-8S-DV devices? And the current LRF2-OCR2B occ sensors?

Just trying to understand if I can continue to put the MRF2 devices in to keep clients happy or if I should halt and wait for the new models to come out.

Thank you!
    The Occ and daylight sensors will remain the same. All Tri-pak and Maestro Wireless will get a new "S" in their part number for "system"- i.e, MRF2S-600M-WH and RMJS-5T-DV-D.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    The Occ and daylight sensors will remain the same. All Tri-pak and Maestro Wireless will get a new "S" in their part number for "system"- i.e, MRF2S-600M-WH and RMJS-5T-DV-D.

While this information is mostly correct, I just wanted to eliminate some confusion by stating that the models numbers in the example are not real model numbers. You will be looking for the "S" like SanDiegoRep stated. For a list of model numbers and additional information please see the links below.

Maestro Wireless to Vive Cross-Over guide
    All Documents and Model for Vive

Joe

5. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
    So sorry but I am still unclear on this issue.

Should we still be installing the older Maestro products or holding off on these installs till the new devices with the S in the part number are available?

I don't want to get stuck with inventory from another discontinued product line that is soon to be obsolete. Nor do I want to anger my clients when they find out that I installed devices that are soon to be discontinued and obsolete.

Can someone please clarify this?

Thank you,
    Teresa

Will the Vive Hub work with my existing Clear Connect products?

Should we still be installing the older Maestro products or holding off on these installs till the new devices with the S in the part number are available? I don't want to get stuck with inventory from another discontinued product line that is soon to be obsolete. Nor do I want to anger my clients when they find out that I installed devices that are soon to be discontinued and obsolete.Can someone please clarify this?Thanks

Good Morning Citizen!

I see you have some questions about the Vive devices. The older Maestro Wireless devices have been largely obsoleted following the roll out of the Vive system. You should only utilize Maestro Wireless devices with the MRF2S found here (http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...369904_ENG.pdf). The only Maestro Wireless that were not obsoleted with the roll over were the MRF2-F6AN-DV (3 Wire Fluorescent Dimmer), the MRF2-10D-120 (1000 watt Digital Magnetic Low Voltage dimmer), and the UMRF2-6ND-120​ (600 watt Magnetic Low Voltage Dimmer for the Buy American Act). Hope this helps Citizen! Now, I'm off to battle California Title 24 once again.