Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lutron - Geofencing

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by totesthouse View Post
    ***Posted same question on another thread but also here.***

Lutron, is there a business reason that the Caseta bridge cannot reference the HOME/AWAY state of NEST and use it to drive "Arriving and Leaving Home"? This would alleviate all the issues with multiple devices/users and Geofencing as NEST is already handling it on their end.

Will this be an option moving forward in the future?
    Caseta already works with the Nest Home/Away Assist feature. You need to first set up Home/Away Assist in the Nest app, then add your Nest products to the Lutron app. After that, choose the "Arriving/Leaving Home" option in the settings menu of the Lutron app and choose 'Nest Home/Away Assist' as what decides if you are home. I've been using this in my own home for a little while now and it works well.

Yes, I replied in another thread but I had to kill lutron in the nest app (works with nest area), then log back in via the lutron app. I was then given a prompt to allow Nest to be part of the Arriving/Leaving home logic. Maybe this got added after I had initially linked the NEST? Either way its working now. Thanks.

Side note, it is a bit confusing that the Works With Nest page does not show this as a feature of Lutron. Seems like they should be listing this in the same way the wemo shows on their list. Could impact people wh may be considering between Lutron, memo or other. Just throwing that out there, hate to see you guys lose sales.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thanks for the feedback, and glad to hear you've got things working.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric H. View Post
    This feature was not removed, we just moved it in the app. Go into Settings > Arriving/Leaving Home > Set Home Location > Enable the notification slider.
    When I follow these steps, I don't see "Set Home Location." Instead, I have "What decides if you are home? Nest"

I don't want to turn off Nest Away to find out if that's how I get the notification slider back, because then I'd have to set everyone up again on Nest Away. Have you moved this option once again? Or removed it? Or what...?

I just want my phone to go "bleep!" if I drive away from home and a light is on. It used to do this. Sometimes the sitter has the kids, and we don't want to plunge the house into darkness, so we don't want it to be automatic.

We use Caseta Wireless with a Smart Bridge.

So has lutron fixed the issue where if one person is home and the other away Geofencing will not work?

- - - Updated - - -

So has lutron fixed the issue where if one person is home and the other away Geofencing will not work?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123