Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lutron - Geofencing

Quote Originally Posted by tabraham View Post
    Latest geo-fencing issue, since the app update: Scenes VS. Devices: Prior to the update, the geo-fence triggered a scene which was comprised of devices with their individual settings. The update, while being labelled "Scenes" is in fact a selection of individual devices - not a scene. Therefore one is forced to manually designate the dimming/shading for each device individually, rather than just selecting the scene where one has presumably already all done that for each device.

The "arriving home" screen says "set this scene when I come home" but does not offer a selection of scenes; it offers devices. Please fix this! I really rather not have to do duplicate work!
    Agreed. I'm not a fan of this change. That said, I am curious what the rational was as I know that there may have been a good reason.

Lutron Technical Support
    If you had Geofencing set up to activating a scene previous to v3.3, the Arriving Home will still be using that scene, but it's hidden in the background. The Arriving Home settings should have carried over from the previous version and the dimmer/switch levels should have already been set matching the previous Geofencing scene. You can make that previous scene appear again on your app by going into Settings > Configure Homepage > Scenes, and then checkmark that scene.

The reason we changed it was because we were getting many calls from new customers that didn't know you had to create a manual scene first in order to assign it to Geofencing. We did it to make it easier for new customers.

I'm experiencing some problems too. Everything was working properly and now neither the Arriving/Leaving Home Scenes are functioning at all. I just deleted, then recreated them. I also added them back to the Homepage...fingers crossed.

Was it required that I add them back to the Homepage for them to operate like geo-fencing?

Okay, I cannot seem to get the geo-fencing to work at all now. Can someone provide a tutorial on how this should be set up?

We have two iphones (a 6 and a 6S) between my wife and I. When she leaves, the designated lights/fans are supposed to turn off. When she arrives at home, two lights are to turn on.

Under Settings: Arriving/Leaving Home has the following selections - What decides if you are home? Her iPhone; the home location appears to be set up properly in the sub menu; there are two scenes - Arriving Home (the two lights are selected and setup to turn on) and Leaving Home (the designated eight devices are set to turn off).

What am I missing?

Lutron Technical Support
    Try these steps:

First, make sure that the iPhone's Location Services is Set to "On" and Lutron is set to "Always". You can check this under Settings > Privacy >Location Services in your phone, not in the Lutron Caseta app.

Second, go into the Caseta app Settings > Arriving/Leaving Home > What decides if you are home? and if it is already set to My Phone, try setting it to Nothing (Disabled) and backing out to save it, then go back in and set it back to My Phone's Location and set the Home Location again.

Third, Tap on Arriving home. If you already have devices selected, uncheck them and back out to reset it. Then go back in, check the devices you want and set their levels.

Thank you. Things seem to be working fine now. I also reset the hub, as I remembered we took a power outage about a day before the problems were noticed.

I am experiencing difficulty programming my lights to turn on when "arriving home”. An error message “Sorry, there was an issue. Please try again later.” prompts every time I attempt to save the settings and return to the previous menu (see attached screenshot). The Caséta wireless system has been working flawlessly for the past few months and this is the first time I’ve ran into this problem. The issue only arises with “arriving home” and I have no trouble programming my devices for “leaving home”. Is there a solution for this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3927.PNG  

Why did you remove the simple notification about light being left on when I leave?

As with others and only 1 geofencing, I don't want all the lights to turn off when I leave, but to be notified a light was left on, so if we are all gone I can turn it off. But if one is still home I can ignore.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    Why did you remove the simple notification about light being left on when I leave?

As with others and only 1 geofencing, I don't want all the lights to turn off when I leave, but to be notified a light was left on, so if we are all gone I can turn it off. But if one is still home I can ignore.
    This feature was not removed, we just moved it in the app. Go into Settings > Arriving/Leaving Home > Set Home Location > Enable the notification slider.

***Posted same question on another thread but also here.***

Lutron, is there a business reason that the Caseta bridge cannot reference the HOME/AWAY state of NEST and use it to drive "Arriving and Leaving Home"? This would alleviate all the issues with multiple devices/users and Geofencing as NEST is already handling it on their end.

Will this be an option moving forward in the future?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast