Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Lutron - Geofencing

  1. #1

    Lutron - Geofencing

    I have a geofencing scene arriving home that says "arrive home at" which allows you to set it "only after sunset" and "activate scene when I arrive home". This works.

    The geofencing scene leaving home doesn't have the option to choose "only after sunset". It just says "activate scene when I leave home". I would like the leaving home scene to allow you to choose wheather it's during the day or after sunset like arriving home geofencing allows. Is there a way to do this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Squill View Post
    The geofencing scene leaving home doesn't have the option to choose "only after sunset". It just says "activate scene when I leave home". I would like the leaving home scene to allow you to choose wheather it's during the day or after sunset like arriving home geofencing allows. Is there a way to do this?
    Thank you! I've been meaning to post this suggestion for months. The use-case that I envision two different leaving scenes based on it being day or night. If it's daytime I would want it to turn off all the lights. If it's nighttime I would want it to leave a few select lights on.

  3. #3
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    329
    I will forward this to our development engineers as a possible future feature to the system/app. Thank you for the suggestion.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    14
    This ties into a geofencing item i've had on my mind for awhile. My wife and I are both geofenced via our phones. We each come home at different times. Shouldn't there be programming that knows to override the geofence trigger? Basically, I get home adjust lighting/shading and then later my wife arrives within the fence and the system will re-trigger the initial scene.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by tabraham View Post
    My wife and I are both geofenced via our phones. We each come home at different times. Shouldn't there be programming that knows to override the geofence trigger?
    That would need to be an option. In my case, I want the mudroom light to come on at night when someone arrives home so they don't enter a dark room.

  6. #6
    First post here, this is really cool stuff. My question is also around geo-fencing. My wife ALWAYS leaves lights on when she departs for the day. So I have created a SCENE called "Departing Home" and it works based on her location. She has the Lutron app on her iPhone 5.

    We obviously share the same account, so when I run out to pick up a pizza and leave her at home...yep all the lights go out while she is there.

    Is there a way to keep that SCENE from running from my iPhone but keep it active on hers? Or is there a way to override the SCENE if it knows someone is already home (based on their iPhone location)?

  7. #7
    Removing the app from my iPhone is not an option, as I wish to keep control over the lights when I am home.

  8. #8
    LOL, so I'm sure you can all tell that this is definitely my FIRST post. Well after a little more investigating it appears that this CAN work just like I want. Since the scenes automatically showed up on my wife's phone, I just assumed that the geo-fencing rules would be the same. They are not. So now when my wife leaves all the specified lights/fans turn off. When I leave, the scene is NOT activated.

    Awesome!

  9. #9
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by mckinneydavid View Post
    LOL, so I'm sure you can all tell that this is definitely my FIRST post. Well after a little more investigating it appears that this CAN work just like I want. Since the scenes automatically showed up on my wife's phone, I just assumed that the geo-fencing rules would be the same. They are not. So now when my wife leaves all the specified lights/fans turn off. When I leave, the scene is NOT activated.

    Awesome!
    Yes, the Geofencing rules are independent for each phone. If you don't want it to trigger a scene from your phone when you leave, either turn off Geofencing for when you are Leaving Home, or have it only send you a notification instead.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    14
    Latest geo-fencing issue, since the app update: Scenes VS. Devices: Prior to the update, the geo-fence triggered a scene which was comprised of devices with their individual settings. The update, while being labelled "Scenes" is in fact a selection of individual devices - not a scene. Therefore one is forced to manually designate the dimming/shading for each device individually, rather than just selecting the scene where one has presumably already all done that for each device.

    The "arriving home" screen says "set this scene when I come home" but does not offer a selection of scenes; it offers devices. Please fix this! I really rather not have to do duplicate work!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Multi-user Geofencing
    By gaslamp in forum General Discussion - CAS
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-12-2016, 11:21 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-26-2015, 09:24 PM
  3. Can't adjust radius in Geofencing
    By MikeMtnLites in forum Troubleshooting - CAS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2015, 09:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •