Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: LiteTouch to HWQS Conversion

Lightbulb LiteTouch to HWQS Conversion

Hello,

I have a project where we are converting a system from LiteTouch to HWQS. Through much of the project we are going to use the Retrofit Kit from Lutron to mitigate panel change out. However in the garage of the project there are two fully loaded LT Panels that have the Electronic Ballast Dimmer model 08-2150-01. This is controlling 0-10V drivers that are remotely located. I'm trying to determine the best way to design this. Originally I was thinking remove the panels since they are surface mount in the garage and install PNL-8's with TVM-KIT's in each panel. However I'm not exactly sure how the original module worked in terms of switching the AC voltage on and then sending the 0-10V signal. Anyone with some LiteTouch experience out there who could lend a hand would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
    Adam

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Adam,

You have a few options here regarding the Lutron side of things.
    Using PNL8 Panels: You are correct on one account, we need to know where the line voltage 120V signal is being switched for the 0-10V fixtures. If this was being switched at the same panel (or near it) then I believe using the PNL8 with TVM2s is the way to go. However, if the line voltage for the fixtures is not being ran back to the panel then there is one other option.
    Using LMJ-5T RF 0-10V Dimming Modules: This one also makes a consideration that we would need access up into the fixtures. However, if we do, then you could use LMJ-5Ts and switch the line voltage with it locally at each fixture along with controlling the 0-10V signal as well. The only consideration here is that you will need a HQP6-2 processor link set as RF with a hybrid repeater connected to it.

Beyond all of this you may need to work someone from Savant/ Litetouch. But ultimately if we know where the line voltage is landed for these fixtures then I believe we can answer a lot of questions at that point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Owens View Post
    Hello,

I have a project where we are converting a system from LiteTouch to HWQS. Through much of the project we are going to use the Retrofit Kit from Lutron to mitigate panel change out. However in the garage of the project there are two fully loaded LT Panels that have the Electronic Ballast Dimmer model 08-2150-01. This is controlling 0-10V drivers that are remotely located. I'm trying to determine the best way to design this. Originally I was thinking remove the panels since they are surface mount in the garage and install PNL-8's with TVM-KIT's in each panel. However I'm not exactly sure how the original module worked in terms of switching the AC voltage on and then sending the 0-10V signal. Anyone with some LiteTouch experience out there who could lend a hand would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
    Adam
    The LiteTouch 08-2150-01 switched the AC voltage via integral line voltage relays. The module has 6 relays and 6- 0-10v inputs, 1 associated with each relay.

If there is no line voltage attached to the relays on the 08-2150 then it is possible that the particular fixture worked properly using the 0-10v outputs only and the relays weren't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey S. View Post
    Adam,

You have a few options here regarding the Lutron side of things.
    Using PNL8 Panels: You are correct on one account, we need to know where the line voltage 120V signal is being switched for the 0-10V fixtures. If this was being switched at the same panel (or near it) then I believe using the PNL8 with TVM2s is the way to go. However, if the line voltage for the fixtures is not being ran back to the panel then there is one other option.
    Using LMJ-5T RF 0-10V Dimming Modules: This one also makes a consideration that we would need access up into the fixtures. However, if we do, then you could use LMJ-5Ts and switch the line voltage with it locally at each fixture along with controlling the 0-10V signal as well. The only consideration here is that you will need a HQP6-2 processor link set as RF with a hybrid repeater connected to it.

Beyond all of this you may need to work someone from Savant/ Litetouch. But ultimately if we know where the line voltage is landed for these fixtures then I believe we can answer a lot of questions at that point as well.
    Im not sure if the old Lite Touch 0-10V dimming is the same as Lutron TVM in the case of PWM Dimming. The Lutron TVM will do both PWM and 0-10v dimming however the LMJ-5T RF 0-10V Dimming Modules will only do 0-10 and not PWM. If PWM is required then the RF module would not be an option.