Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Clear Connect RF

Clear Connect RF

Can any device that has Clear Connect RF technology pairable or linkable to the Caseta Smart Bridge (pro and non-Pro)? Just wondering on what other products Lutron has that can work with Caseta that are not listed in the Caseta brochures?

I am just getting into some simple home automation stuff and seeing what work easily together. I tried connecting the Caseta switches and pico remotes to a Wink hub and performance was terrible compared to the SB. It would take seconds to minutes for the devices to respond. I looked into the Samsung Smartthings hub and thought with it's open architecture it would have been the way to go, but there is no easy integration of the Caseta stuff I already have.

One project I would like to do is control my pool pump, pool lights and chlorine dosing pump through a home automation product. Being able to easily adjust the amount of time the chlorine dosing pump runs is the goal. One challenge is the distance from the house but I think some z-wave products may get me the range I need.

Lutron Technical Support
    Only the Caseta controls will pair to the Caseta Smart Bridge. Other Clear Connect RF devices, such as Radio Ra2, Homeworks QS, or Maestro Wireless RF dimmers will NOT work with the Caseta bridge. The only Clear conenct device that would work on multiple platforms is the Pico (PJ2) remote controls.

Brian, you are forgetting shades - most shades (except Serena) are compatible across Caseta/RR2/HWQS range.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeh View Post
    Brian, you are forgetting shades - most shades (except Serena) are compatible across Caseta/RR2/HWQS range.
    The Serena shades actually will work with either of the Caseta bridges. Just not with Radio Ra2/Homeworks QS. The Sivoia QS wireless shades will work with the Pro bridge (L-BDGPRO2-WH), Radio RA2, and Homeworks QS.