Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lutron and Siri Settings

Lutron and Siri Settings

When I use siri for a command like "turn on all the lights" but only 75% lights go on? How do I fix this so all the lights will go on? Same for the command Turn Off all the lights/

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Squill View Post
    When I use siri for a command like "turn on all the lights" but only 75% lights go on? How do I fix this so all the lights will go on? Same for the command Turn Off all the lights/
    Are all of the dimmers within 30 feet of the bridge?
    Can you control those lights manually through the app itself?
    Can you control those lights individually with Siri?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Are all of the dimmers within 30 feet of the bridge?
    Can you control those lights manually through the app itself?
    Can you control those lights individually with Siri?
    Thank you for Responding.

Yes all of my of all of lights are within 30 fee of the bridge.

Yes I can control all the lights through the Lutron App.

When using Siri I can only control some the individual lights. The ones that I can't control are the same ones that don't work when I use the command "Turn on all the lights" or Turn off all the lights"

Lutron Technical Support
    I would try deleting those loads from the app, and then add them back into the app again. The only other thing I can think of is if you have the same load in multiple rooms in Settings > Siri Integration, this can prevent those loads from triggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    I would try deleting those loads from the app, and then add them back into the app again. The only other thing I can think of is if you have the same load in multiple rooms in Settings > Siri Integration, this can prevent those loads from triggering.
    So I am assuming loads are the lights in the Lutron like Master Bedroom or Foyer Light, etc???

Same load in multiple rooms being the same name for a light?

Lutron Technical Support
    Correct.

Did you assign the same light in multiple rooms created in Siri Integration?
    Did you create ANY rooms in Siri Integration?

I do have multiple devices like "in wall dimmer" "Pico Remote" but they each are assigned a name like "office", "Master Bathroom, etc.
    The way I set up the siri integration is through the Lutron app.

Okay go back and delete the loads that are not working and see if that fixes the issue.

thank you again for responding. I will let you know what I find out.

Thank you for your help. It fixed the issue.

Now I found out that the guy that installed my Lutron Caseta lights didn't use the correct switch for a ceiling fan. Was supposed to use a on/off switch and not a dimmer Lutron told me.

I wish I could find an installer that knows all of this instead of me finding out.

I was having trouble with Siri failing to recognize and thus turn on/off lights connected to the Lutron PD-6ANS-WH Caseta in-wall switch. Zach at Lutron ultimately discovered the problem. The trouble is when pairing one of these new switches to the Caseta Smart Bridge, the "Associated Service Type" (for which I was not prompted when adding new) defaulted to "None". And, so, when asking Siri to turn on/off lights associated with a zone that included them, it failed. Zach had me navigate from the Lutron app's Home page to "Lights&Shades More>". Then, on there, tap "Edit" in the top right corner. Now, select the, for example, light fixture associated with the switch that's misbehaving with Siri. Remember, you must have tapped Edit first, else it'll only prompt you to turn on/off the light. While in edit mode and selected the light, you'll get to another page that shows the name, Device Icon, and "Associated Service Type". Tap on "Associated Service Type". That'll take you to a page that gives you three options: Lightbulb, Fan, None. By default, the Lutron app defaulted the type to "None". With that setting, Siri won't recognize this as a light. Changing the type to "Lightbulb", backing up a menu level, and taping on "Save" fixed the problem for me. Hooray! Thanks Zach!

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by autom8home View Post
    I was having trouble with Siri failing to recognize and thus turn on/off lights connected to the Lutron PD-6ANS-WH Caseta in-wall switch. Zach at Lutron ultimately discovered the problem. The trouble is when pairing one of these new switches to the Caseta Smart Bridge, the "Associated Service Type" (for which I was not prompted when adding new) defaulted to "None". And, so, when asking Siri to turn on/off lights associated with a zone that included them, it failed. Zach had me navigate from the Lutron app's Home page to "Lights&Shades More>". Then, on there, tap "Edit" in the top right corner. Now, select the, for example, light fixture associated with the switch that's misbehaving with Siri. Remember, you must have tapped Edit first, else it'll only prompt you to turn on/off the light. While in edit mode and selected the light, you'll get to another page that shows the name, Device Icon, and "Associated Service Type". Tap on "Associated Service Type". That'll take you to a page that gives you three options: Lightbulb, Fan, None. By default, the Lutron app defaulted the type to "None". With that setting, Siri won't recognize this as a light. Changing the type to "Lightbulb", backing up a menu level, and taping on "Save" fixed the problem for me. Hooray! Thanks Zach!
    You're welcome! Now that we are aware of this we will be making a change to the app to prevent this from happening in the future!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast