Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Casita PD-6ANS-WH Help with WINK Hub

Hmm.....

The Wink hub has Lutron ClearConnect radio on board, so it makes no sense as to why they don't work.

I bought 9 of the on/off switches and it looks like they're a waste until this gets fixed.

I would like to know a timeline on this as well?

Interesting Note...

Quote Originally Posted by GaryFDes@gmail.com View Post
    I would like to know a timeline on this as well?
    When you put the Wink hub into pairing mode for any Lutron device and it calls out to all the ClearConnect RF devices, they all start to blink. For example, all your Caséta switches will flash slowly to indicate they're receiving the ClearConnect cast.

Even these supposedly non-compatible On/Off Caséta switches will indicate they're receiving the ClearConnect cast.

Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by FilthBacteria View Post
    When you put the Wink hub into pairing mode for any Lutron device and it calls out to all the ClearConnect RF devices, they all start to blink. For example, all your Caséta switches will flash slowly to indicate they're receiving the ClearConnect cast.

Even these supposedly non-compatible On/Off Caséta switches will indicate they're receiving the ClearConnect cast.

Hmm...
    And how is it relevant to the question?

Anyway, the PD-6ANS-WH model still doesn't work with Wink and it has been months.
    And I doubt anybody knows when (or even if) it will.

I actually gave up on this, especially since I was really disappointed with Wink in general.
    It would sometimes miss events, delays between activating a switch in the app and it doing something were long,
    it wouldn't work when Internet was down and sometimes it would just stop responding until rebooted.
    Not to mention the configuration options ("robots") are very limited.

So I got rid of it, and got a Vera Plus and Lutron SmartBridge Pro.
    They work great together, I can operate my PD-6ANS-WH, and I haven't had any issues.

As a bonus, Lutron Pico remotes can be easily configured as really nice scene switches (another thing not possible with Wink).
    And that's a big bonus, since it turns out it's hard to find reliable Z-Wave scene switches.

5. Likes Zach R. liked this post
    Is Wink 2 hub any better in this regard?

Quote Originally Posted by veeeh View Post
    Is Wink 2 hub any better in this regard?
    I don't have any experience with Wink 2.

I also remembered another benefit of switching to Vera Plus - I managed to hook up my Concord 4 alarm system to it :)

Any update to this? I can't believe this is still a thing. I don't see why they can't be paired...

Quote Originally Posted by NathanJax View Post
    Any update to this? I can't believe this is still a thing. I don't see why they can't be paired...

It has been noted in the last month that the on/off switches have started to work with hub2, and also now show up as an on/off instead of the dimmer it use to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    It has been noted in the last month that the on/off switches have started to work with hub2, and also now show up as an on/off instead of the dimmer it use to.
    I tried it on the 27th (when I posted it) with my wink hub 2 and it didn't work.

Well, wink sent an update out. Looks like they added a bunch of Caseta switches, including this one. I'll report back tonight and let you know how it goes...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast