Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Flashing lights on security alarm

Flashing lights on security alarm

I have Caseta Smart Bridge Pro and a mix of standard and Pro dimmers. Everything is integrated into an Elan g! controller.

I am trying to figure out how to flash the exterior lights on/off when a security alarm is activated. I don't think there is a way to do this with a Caseta scene and I'm seeing an easy way to do it with an Elan g! event map (short of copying/pasting a ton of ON & OFF commands).

Any ideas?

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by minisoda View Post
    I have Caseta Smart Bridge Pro and a mix of standard and Pro dimmers. Everything is integrated into an Elan g! controller.

I am trying to figure out how to flash the exterior lights on/off when a security alarm is activated. I don't think there is a way to do this with a Caseta scene and I'm seeing an easy way to do it with an Elan g! event map (short of copying/pasting a ton of ON & OFF commands).

Any ideas?
    Currently, there isn't a way to flash any lights through the Caseta system. I'll forward your request to our development engineers as a possible future feature to the Caseta system. Thank you for the suggestion.

Thanks Brian. For what it's worth, I think I may have found a solution on the g! side.

I can set a repeating timer every two seconds and fire the Toggle command, but unfortunately Toggle isn't working... still working on it and I'll find a way to do it in the élan system hopefully.

4. Likes SDR-Mike liked this post
    Any update on this topic? Regarding whether the full / flash security mode has been added to Caseta. Or how it's done through Elan.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Treason101 View Post
    Any update on this topic? Regarding whether the full / flash security mode has been added to Caseta. Or how it's done through Elan.
    This ability has not been added to Caseta.
    I don't know if it is even possible to do this through Elan.