Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DbXmlInfo.xml format documentation?

DbXmlInfo.xml format documentation?

Is there an XML schema for the DbXmlInfo.xml format? Or at least some documentation of it's contents and possible ranges of values? I'd like to avoid having my code get broken due to some sort of unexpected data from someone's repeater config. While the format of the XML is reasonably self-documenting (once you understand 'how things work') I'd prefer not to just code blindly against my small sample of data.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    We currently do not have any documentation on the contents of the XML file. We do have a command that can be sent to the Main Repeater to check the last time that the XML file was accessed, "?system,10" will respond with the last time that the XML file was edited or pulled from the Main Repeater. If a homeowner connects the Home Control+ app to their system, it will change the response of the command even though the XML was not changed. If they make homeowner edits through the app, then the XML will get updated with those changes and any 3rd party system would need to be updated.

So you're saying that Home+ app edits will get reflected in the XML dump, yes? But that ANY Home+ client app access also changes the value, even with no edits? That's unfortunate.

I'll roll my other thread questions over to here.

It's rather unfortunate the Home+ client affects this value.

That and is there a more recent version of the protocol document that Revision P? I don't see a SYSTEM,10 parameter listed in that one (pg 19).

Yes, when any changes are made to the system through the Home Control+ app, when the change is saved then the XML file gets updated. Accessing the system does not change the XML, only when a change is made. I apologize for the previous incorrect information. The ?system,10 command is not in the Integration Protocol, and Revision P is the most current version.

Right, and to clarify, by 'changes' you mean something other than just using a control. Dimming a light, controlling a fan, etc, those aren't 'changes' that would affect the XML, correct? Changes would be alterations to default dim levels or timeclock events. Anything else?

Correct, they can control the lights and everything in the system without changing the XML file. When they edit the levels of a keypad button so instead of going to 75%, now they go to 60%. When they save that change, the XML file gets edited.

Mike,
    There was a Revision Q, released on 21 April 2015, and it seems that it was recalled. Do you know what has happened or when next revision is going to be released? Thanks.

I do not have a release date for the next revision but the next release will be some time after the release of the Connect Bridge and new devices that will be released in the 10.0 software.

Ok, thanks Mike.