Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Programming a pair of 4-button scene controllers

Programming a pair of 4-button scene controllers

Hi Guys

Just got my first 4-button pico scene controllers. both are engraved the same and will be at different locations in the same zone.

How can I program them as a pair, so that the buttons on both change when I change them on one. For example, both have a "Dining" scene which sets dining area to 50% and living area to 10%

They are both in location called "Living Room Remote" and device names are Living Room 1 and Living Room 2

IS it possible to do what I want to do? (I'm using essentials). If there's a training session on line, just point me to that (I don't recall covering this in training, but it was a while ago :-))

Thanks

Mark

I don't think you can do exactly what you want, but you could create shared scenes and then program both remotes to activate the shared scene, Then editing the scene would "change" both remotes. At least, I think that'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
    I don't think you can do exactly what you want, but you could create shared scenes and then program both remotes to activate the shared scene, Then editing the scene would "change" both remotes. At least, I think that'll work.
    In Essentials, he does not have access to shared scenes (Inclusive only). Mark, try right clicking outside of the button on the pico, but still "on" the pico. You may be able to copy the entire thing like standard keypads. You would then be able to paste onto the second pico. Otherwise, there is always copy and paste each button.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

My bad. I didn't use Essentials for very long, so I didn't remember what was/was not available.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    ...try right clicking outside of the button on the pico, but still "on" the pico. You may be able to copy the entire thing like standard keypads. You would then be able to paste onto the second pico.
    Should anyone else use the search function. Yes, this does work. You can right-click on the 'frame' of a Pico remote when in the Program mode (I was using Inclusive). You can then, likewise, right-click another Pico frame and Paste the programming. This will copy over the programming from one to the other, effectively replacing it.

There, hope that sufficiently 'primes' the search function for the next person looking to replace one Pico with another.

In my situation I am moving some Picos around, replacing a few 3BRL's with ones that have the nightlight. And then I'll re-program the replaced ones for use in other rooms.

6. Thanks SDR-Mike, schalliol thanked for this post