Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Shades in Shade Group losing lower limit

Shades in Shade Group losing lower limit

Got a call from a client over the weekend stating two shades would not lower all the way to the respective close limit. There are two shades in this group and both are operating in the same manner. I have other shades in the project that are operating without issue.

Has anyone seen this? Initially it sounds like they lost their lower limits. I think it's odd that two shades would lose there limits at the same time and feel like resetting the lower limits on the motors will possibly be a temporary fix.

Using QS 8.5. Thanks.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by totesthouse View Post
    Got a call from a client over the weekend stating two shades would not lower all the way to the respective close limit. There are two shades in this group and both are operating in the same manner. I have other shades in the project that are operating without issue.

Has anyone seen this? Initially it sounds like they lost their lower limits. I think it's odd that two shades would lose there limits at the same time and feel like resetting the lower limits on the motors will possibly be a temporary fix.

Using QS 8.5. Thanks.
    totesthouse,

Thank you for the information.

We have not heard of this issue before.

If you were to connect to the system and go into Tools>Set Shade Limits and use the command to send these shades to 0% or Close limit, what do the shades do? Do they go to the correct close limit? If not then please reset the shade close limit.

If the issue occurs again then please send a support file to hwsupport@lutron.com for further investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by totesthouse View Post

Using QS 8.5. Thanks.
    Most of the time when we get a call that the shades aren't reaching the floor (or are hitting the floor) the bottom bar has flipped the roller at some point and things are out-of-whack.
    We do have one project where a couple of QED rollers seem to actually lose the limits and the travel shifts. That is the exception tho, not the rule.
    I'd be surprised if you find that 2 rollers have actually lost their limits. I'm curious to know what you find.

Resending the database to the shades fixed the issue. I uploaded the project again remotely (site is 3 hours away) and the client stated the shades now work as expected.

I had done an upload a few days prior to the client reporting the issue so its possible they never got their database correctly during that event.