Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: RadioRa2 cannot update main repeater

nobra

RadioRa2 cannot update main repeater

Hi,
    I have RR-MAIN-REP-WH repeater that was used for training with software version 6.1.0. Now I want to use it with new project and software version 9.2. First, there was a problem, while in Design tab, to find main repeater but I did reset to factory settings, connected it directly from laptop via lan cable to main repeater and after few tries, software was able to find repeater. After I did programming I went to Activate tab and after few seconds window popped up with info about update (from current boot version 3.0.12 to 3.0.17 and OS firmware update from 6.1.0 to 9.2.0). When I start update, it stops at 2% with message: Error - RadioRa2 could not update the main repeater. Please power cycle the main repeater and try again. I tried several times but it could not pass 2% completion and error message. After error, all repeater status leds (M, 1, 2, 3, 4) were flashing green. Per some posts I googled, I turned antivirus and windows firewall off, but it didn't help.

Thanks for any advice!

Are you directly connected to the main or going through another switch or router? 6.1 was way back. Might try bringing it up to a 7.8 or so before going to 9.2/9.3.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

3. Likes Dimerize liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Good Afternoon Nobra, since the upload was stopping at 2%, this is an indication that a firewall or something on the network was blocking communication between the Main Repeater and your computer. When this happens it can cause the Main Repeater to lose its operating system which is what the blinking green leds show. I would suggest calling and working with one of our Radio Ra2 agents and we can help get the OS manually added back on to the Main Repeater.

5. Likes Dimerize liked this post
    nobra
    It turned out to be a problem with antivirus program that was malfunctioning. I reinstalled antivirus and now it works without problem.