Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Keypad LED Logic - Help

Question Keypad LED Logic - Help

A customer of mine we installed a Homeworks QS system for would like us to see if we can get LED light next to the button to stay lit up, when the button is pressed, and if any of the loads are adjusted the light will stay LED next to the button will stay lit.
    Here’s the kicker, if I set the LED logic to Room, than the rest of the buttons on the keypad also light up because they have been set to Room… If I set the others to scene than if she adjust a local lighting load the LED will turn off.
    She also wants the buttons to be set as a toggle, if that matters, for LED logic control

Now for the big news, she has a sister in CA who has a QS system installed and told me her’s works that way.

If anyone could please help, that would be great, I did try tech support and they said what I am trying to do can not be accomplish – and it very well may not be able too.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by John Conley View Post
    A customer of mine we installed a Homeworks QS system for would like us to see if we can get LED light next to the button to stay lit up, when the button is pressed, and if any of the loads are adjusted the light will stay LED next to the button will stay lit.
    Here’s the kicker, if I set the LED logic to Room, than the rest of the buttons on the keypad also light up because they have been set to Room… If I set the others to scene than if she adjust a local lighting load the LED will turn off.
    She also wants the buttons to be set as a toggle, if that matters, for LED logic control

Now for the big news, she has a sister in CA who has a QS system installed and told me her’s works that way.

If anyone could please help, that would be great, I did try tech support and they said what I am trying to do can not be accomplish – and it very well may not be able too.
    Dear John,

Thank you for the inquiry.

Have you tried using "Path of Light" LED logic? This LED status will remain on as long as all the lights on that button are on at some level. You can hit the button and turn the loads up or down and it will stay on. If you turn a load off then it will shut off the LED status.

Yes I have Tried Path

Yes I have tried the Path - Logic, same issues, all the keypad buttons that have the same load associated with the Path, either light up or turn off (can't recall which one). I was not sure if you can write some type of conditional statement using the Key Pad LED. If button Pressed, Keep LED on Until Button Pressed again, but not sure,,, something like that anyway. something to keep the other LED button Lights from lighting up. I don't think it is possible, and she will have to compromise.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    Dear John,

Thank you for the inquiry.

Have you tried using "Path of Light" LED logic? This LED status will remain on as long as all the lights on that button are on at some level. You can hit the button and turn the loads up or down and it will stay on. If you turn a load off then it will shut off the LED status.

I have had some odd LED feedback requests over the years and this one does not disappoint. I would gather she is remembering how her sisters system works incorrectly and really latching onto the idea for some reason. What about path logic with some 'dummy' loads or conditions for each 'button'. I have not tried this in the software, just thinking out loud - it's possible this will just create more problems than fix ;)

good idea

Quote Originally Posted by BradKas View Post
    I have had some odd LED feedback requests over the years and this one does not disappoint. I would gather she is remembering how her sisters system works incorrectly and really latching onto the idea for some reason. What about path logic with some 'dummy' loads or conditions for each 'button'. I have not tried this in the software, just thinking out loud - it's possible this will just create more problems than fix ;)
    Yes I was actually, trying to think of a way I could trick the system. Know when you get that feeling that your on the verge of something really cool that will work???? but than the Idea never comes - that's me right about now. I will keep thinking.

John

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by John Conley View Post
    Yes I have tried the Path - Logic, same issues, all the keypad buttons that have the same load associated with the Path, either light up or turn off (can't recall which one). I was not sure if you can write some type of conditional statement using the Key Pad LED. If button Pressed, Keep LED on Until Button Pressed again, but not sure,,, something like that anyway. something to keep the other LED button Lights from lighting up. I don't think it is possible, and she will have to compromise.

John
    Dear John,

You could keep the LED on until the button is pushed again by using a variable. Change the button to a conditional and three actions. One action to turn on lights and variable, one action to turn off lights and variable, and the last action to turn on the variable. Change the LED logic to Scene and base it off the action that turns on the variable.

As long as this variable is not changed by anything else the LED will stay on until they hit the button again. Remember that variables change to the default state after a transfer.