Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: EcoSystem and Homeworks QS

EcoSystem and Homeworks QS

We have yet to integrate Eco with QS and I was wondering if anyone has done this yet? Specifically how does the addressing of the drivers happen? Also, I believe that we can "permanently" assign multiple drivers to a single address, for loads which will never be separated and/or re-addressed.....correct? I have been unable to find any king of tutorial or even a help file on the web.

2. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    We have yet to integrate Eco with QS and I was wondering if anyone has done this yet? Specifically how does the addressing of the drivers happen? Also, I believe that we can "permanently" assign multiple drivers to a single address, for loads which will never be separated and/or re-addressed.....correct? I have been unable to find any king of tutorial or even a help file on the web.
    Dear oldguy,

Attached is the white paper that was created for using Ecosystem in HomeWorks QS. This can also be found on the MyLutron portal.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's easy & intuitive. I did it yesterday for a small group of test fixtures. The fixtures are grouped together in switchlegs under Design / Loads. Enter the first fixture & then duplicate. The drivers are addressed in the Activate tab, under "ballasts." The initial communication takes a long time during the activation process, pushing 5 minutes on a very simple 5 fixture set up. Once that's done, the program flashes each fixture in sequence. and you confirm the flashing, much like activating a shade using the wiggle method. Then there's a brief confirmation step. Very easy.

DS- did you experiment with the lights much after setup? I have heard that there can be a 'popcorn' type effect with all on/all off type scenes. I only got to experiment with this once on a test board and I thought I saw the same thing. I really like the engineering side of ecosystem but I'll have a hard time implementing it if rooms with multiple zones don't ramp in unison with a simple command like 'all on'.

I only had a set of 5 fixtures, but they were absolutely synchronous, no popcorning.

good to hear- were those 5 fixtures defined as 1 zone, or were they each separate zones?

I went back to my notes and can tell you that I tried control of the 3 zones 2 ways:
    control 3 zones with programming that most of us in the resi world use: Lighting Zones (check off all 3 zones in the preset window)
    control 3 zones with Lighting Area Presets- as recommended in ecosystem white paper (choose a scene in that area that turned on all 3 zones no fade)
    In both programming models the 3 zones seemed to turn on sequentially.
    Maybe I was doing something wrong.