Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: seeTouch Button Failure

seeTouch Button Failure

Has anyone else have/had this issue? I've had a handful of seeTouch keypads where one of the buttons fail to work unless you press hard or press several times. If I remove the button kit, the micro switch in the keypad base works using a pointed tool. The rear side of the button kit doesn't seem to have any missing or loose parts. I did try using a button kit from a functioning keypad (with matching engraving) and it worked fine - for a while. Then it, too, failed. I'm not exactly sure what the cause (and possible fix) is. Anybody have this experience?

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    Has anyone else have/had this issue? I've had a handful of seeTouch keypads where one of the buttons fail to work unless you press hard or press several times. If I remove the button kit, the micro switch in the keypad base works using a pointed tool. The rear side of the button kit doesn't seem to have any missing or loose parts. I did try using a button kit from a functioning keypad (with matching engraving) and it worked fine - for a while. Then it, too, failed. I'm not exactly sure what the cause (and possible fix) is. Anybody have this experience?
    I know this thread is a bit old, but I’ve encountered similar issues with seeTouch keypads. It sounds like the problem might be with the contact points between the button kit and the micro switch. Sometimes, cleaning the contact surfaces or slightly adjusting the alignment can help. If the issue persists, it might be worth considering a replacement keypad or contacting Lutron support for further assistance.