I set up a Caseta Claro switch with a mechanical 3-way switch as shown on this page: https://assets.lutron.com/a/document...93_page_81.pdf The key point with this configuration is that the control line (blue wire) may be connected by the mechanical switch to the load side of the Caseta switch.

This configuration works fine using a 60W incandescent bulb. It does not work correctly using any of the LED bulbs I have on hand (Cree, Philips, Sylvania, each in multiple wattages).

An LED bulb turns on normally using either the Caseta switch or the mechanical switch.

The LED bulb turns off correctly in two of the four possible cases:

1. Using the Caseta switch when the blue wire is not connected to the load wire.
2. Disconnecting the blue wire from the load wire using the mechanical switch

The LED bulb does not turn off correctly in the other two cases:

3. Using the Caseta switch when the blue wire is connected to the load wire.
4. Connecting the blue wire to the load wire using the mechanical switch.

In cases 3 and 4, the LED bulb and the status led on the Caseta switch flash continuously about twice a second. The flashing appears to continue indefinitely. As I said above, all four cases work correctly with an incandescent bulb - it's just LED bulbs that cause this problem.

Is there a fault in my Caseta switch? If the switch is behaving as expected, is there any solution/workaround to make this specific wiring configuration work? (I am aware that other wiring configurations work, so please don't suggest that.)