Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Issue with IFTTT and Caseta Switch

Issue with IFTTT and Caseta Switch

I am running into an issue with Caseta and IFTTT that I haven't been able to figure out. I have a recipe in IFTTT to turn off a Caseta light, however I cannot get it to work with my Caseta Switch (PD-5WS-DV-XX). If i change the recipe to turn off a Caseta Dimmers (PD-6WCL-XX), it works just fine.

I am able to control all of my switches and dimmers directly from the Lutron App, so i don't believe there is anything wrong with my installation, but I could be wrong. I am using a regular (non-PRO) Smart Bridge.

Have I stumbled into a known issue or is there something that I am missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by brsmith View Post
    I am running into an issue with Caseta and IFTTT that I haven't been able to figure out. I have a recipe in IFTTT to turn off a Caseta light, however I cannot get it to work with my Caseta Switch (PD-5WS-DV-XX). If i change the recipe to turn off a Caseta Dimmers (PD-6WCL-XX), it works just fine.

I am able to control all of my switches and dimmers directly from the Lutron App, so i don't believe there is anything wrong with my installation, but I could be wrong. I am using a regular (non-PRO) Smart Bridge.

Have I stumbled into a known issue or is there something that I am missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

To be honest I have suffered the same issue. I set up Amazon echo last night using IFTT. It worked for all my lights except one in the doorway. I tried changing device name. Re pairing the light with the Lutron app nothing worked. This morning I tried my kitchen light (which worked last night) all of a sudden it no longer works this morning. Both lights in question I can control with the app and Siri.

So my assumption is that this solution isn't reliable. What Lutron needs to do is directly integrate with Amazon echo (they have a works with echo program/api) this would not only improve reliability but improve sales and the presence of the brand.

C'mon Lutron can we get official support for the Amazon Echo. This is the wave for home automation let's ride it together. Don't and you could get wiped out.

Lutron Technical Support
    See if the following steps help with your switches:

1. On the main screen, tap on “More” next to “Lights & Shades”.
    2. In the upper right corner tap on “Edit”
    3. Tap on the “>” sign to the right of the switch load.
    4. In here you should see “Assist Service Type”. Tap on the “>” next to it.
    5. Your choices are “Lightbulb”, “Fan”, and “None”. “None” is probably chosen. Choose “Lightbulb” or “Fan” instead, depending on the load.
    6. Tap “Back” in the upper left corner.
    7. Tap “Save” in the upper right corner.
    8. If you need to do this for other switches, repeat steps 3-7.
    9. When finished, tap on “Done” in the upper right corner.

Lutron Technical Support
    brsmith, our engineers are looking into this. They believe they have found root cause and should have a resolution in a week, possibly two.

Lutron Technical Support
    brsmith, our engineers are asking if you can email your email address and "Connected as:" number to systemsupport@lutron.com .
    It'll look something like this:
    The Channel screen on IFTTT will look like the attached picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IFTTT Connected As.png  

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I forgot I posted this thread as I finally found a work around for the issue. With regards to your steps in post #3 above, I am using the Android App and I do not have the ">" button in step 3, so I couldn't continue. I did not see any other options that look similar to what you described above. Also, I have emailed the information you requested in #5 above. I know it is a little late.

I was able to bypass the issue by making two manually triggered scenes. One to turn the light on and one to turn the light off. Once I did this and created a recipe for each of these, it worked as expected. As a whole, I use smart things for all of the rest of my home automation (Z-wave sensors, relays, MyQ integration, and some other items) and it is really frustrating that I cannot interface the two systems together. I already have a Smart Bridge, so in my mind their is no reason that a Cloud interface cannot be created between the two systems or at least an API for someone to create one.