Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lutron app remote buttons do nothing...

Lutron app remote buttons do nothing...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6690.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	384.5 KB 
ID:	1155 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	1156

So I followed the setup process without a problem on the Caseta hub (L-BDG2) and the Pico remote (on my two iPhone at least). And the Pico remote works with the lights in my kitchen just fine.
    Here is a list of everything I've done:

• Tried two different routers (one from Spectrum and one from TP-Link).
    • Tried two different iPhone (iPhone 7 and iPhone 14, I think)
    • Tried an Android phone (it kinda logs in but not really, see the second photo for the weird error)
    • Updated the hub to the latest firmware
    • Removed the smart hub/bridge from my account and reconnected it
    • Reset the smart hub/bridge using the button on the back (press three times and hold, press three more times and hold again)
    • I haven't reset the Pico remote cause I'm having a hard time figuring out how and I'm afraid doing so will disconnect it to the light (it was setup by our home renovator and I'm worried about being able to reconnect it), but I've removed and added the Pico remote several times in the app

So, yeah, I'm completely at a loss on what to do now. No one online seems to be having the same problem.

When I try to move it over to Apple's Home as an alternative app, it'll take the hub like it worked but won't bring over any of the remotes I have added to the Lutron app.

Thank you for any help!

You can't control Pico Remotes using the Lutron App (nor Apple Home) since they don't support 2-way communication.

What would I use to control the lights from the app? The Pico remotes are installed in the wall. Can I install a different product?

It’s my father’s house and all he cares about is being able to control the lights from his phone. He’s not good with technology.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Luctron_Help000 View Post
    What would I use to control the lights from the app? The Pico remotes are installed in the wall. Can I install a different product?

It’s my father’s house and all he cares about is being able to control the lights from his phone. He’s not good with technology.

Thank you.
    Has the actual kitchen light switch been added to the Lutron app? That's the only thing either app (Lutron and/or Apple Home) can control.

We currently have the PJ2-3BRL Pico remote.

It isn’t clear to me what I should replace it with.

How would I go about adding it?

It’s in the ceiling and flush inside it.

I see on Reddit that you've got your issue resolved.

Yes 😝

There were two Lutron dimmer switches in the den that were controlling the lights. Once I added them to the app it worked. Thank you.