Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: On selecting wallplate colors

Question On selecting wallplate colors

I’m (still, lol) in the beginning stages of drafting my lighting plan for a condo remodel. We're transitioning to all Lutron switches/wallplates. In addition, I want some smart features so will use Caseta.

Currently, my Googling and digging into the Lutron site has left me with these assumptions:

1. Because of my Caseta needs, I must select wallplate colors from the Claro design
    2. Caseta switches only come in glossy white

I absolutely do not want glossy white wallplates on my walls and am looking at Claro’s Architectural White which complements our design aesthetic.

I'm curious if those 2 assumptions are (unfortunately) correct. And I'd very much like to hear from folks who surrounded a glossy white Caseta switch with a non-glossy, different color wallplate and whether that result was something you loved. Thank you!

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello dreaming-smart,

You are correct. Caseta Wireless controls are currently only available in Gloss, please take a look at the following link for these colors: Smart Dimmers & Fan Switches | Caseta by Lutron (casetawireless.com)

For our full lineup of Gloss & Satin finishes for Claro wallplates, please visit page 43 of our Specification Guide here: assets.lutron.com/a/documents/spec guide volume 1 with addendums.pdf

I will also be forwarding your feedback to the proper internal team for consideration of Caseta control ins Satin finish.

As a final suggestion, our RadioRA 2 Select family has Satin colored dimmers (these will be in the Maestro look) or better, our RadioRA 3 for its Satin Sunnata dimmers.