Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Some RRD-8ANS won't reset

Question Some RRD-8ANS won't reset

I have 2 RRD-8ANS that don't seem to want to reset. Using the 3 push hold doesn't cause the light to dim on and off. Other RRD-8ANS switches I have reset fine and have 0 issues. These 2 also automatically turn the lights connected to them on when I reset the main repeater. Not sure if that's related or not. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,

If you reset the main repeater that sends a reset signal to the other Radio Ra2 devices in range to reset as well so that should be clearing out any program that may be connected to them. Out of curiosity can we ask why the units are needing to be reset?
    Additionally do the 2 RRD's in question control the lights as expected?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy R. View Post
    Hello,

If you reset the main repeater that sends a reset signal to the other Radio Ra2 devices in range to reset as well so that should be clearing out any program that may be connected to them. Out of curiosity can we ask why the units are needing to be reset?
    Additionally do the 2 RRD's in question control the lights as expected?

The situation was that every time the power went out or a repeater lost power 2 lights were turning on by themselves both using RRD-8ANS. Sometimes in the middle of the night. I noticed that both of these lights wouldn't enter reset mode, nor could they be found by the Lutron RA2 Essentials software automatically. They could be found with their serials numbers though. The light switches worked normally otherwise. We have since replaced them and the replacements function normally. But I was trying to figure out if the devices were faulty or if there was something I could do to get them working again.

Factory resetting the repeater wasn't a great option because there are 68 devices in total.