Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RadioRa2 System Troubleshooting

RadioRa2 System Troubleshooting

I'm having some major issues with a customer's RadioRa2 system and I was hoping someone had some thoughts.

-This system was fully working with no issues for over a year.

-Customer's internet from ISP went down (Telus in Vancouver, Canada)

-After the internet was restored, his keypads no longer worked. When a button was pressed, the load dims down about 30% like it was turning off, but then the light came back on. The same for if the light was off, it would come on about 30% then turn back off. It was like the keypads were sending a signal out twice.

DAY 1

-I attempted to retransfer to the system in an attempt to fix the issue. Both repeaters and connect bridge were found and pinged with no problem. After hitting the transfer button, the find main repeater window would reappear, again finding and pinging the repeaters with no problem, but the transfer would then be cancelled with nothing happening. Same with going into activation.

-After speaking with Lutron Support, they suggested that it seems that there's an issue communicating with the repeaters as the find main repeater window should not keep popping up. They recommended updating the firmware to the latest version.

-I was successful in doing this by plugging directly into each repeater. Success! the keypads now worked! Everything seemed to be working so I didn't transfer to the system and left for the day.

Day 2

-Informed by the owner that the app is no longer working.

-I first attempted to transfer to the system. Same issues, transferring results in find main repeater window coming up and the transfer being cancelled.

-After the attempted transfer, the original issue with the keypads has now returned.

-I reflashed the firmwares, removed the connect bridge from the system, reset factory defaults on the connect bridge, re added it to the system. After reflashing the firmwares, it fixes the issue with the keypads, but the moment I try and transfer all the issues arise again.

-Long story short I had to leave it as the keypads work without transferring to the system with the connect bridge completely disconnected.

Not stated are the hours of time flashing and reflashing firmware, making sure that all firewalls are off both on my laptop and on the home network, trying different network cables, trying wifi and hardwired connections, endless searching for similar problems and solutions, and attempts to adjust settings on the owner's network.

I'm not the low voltage/network person for the house, just a dirty electrician, so my networking knowledge is limited. I think the problem is on that side of things, but I'm at a loss on what to do next.

Any ideas would be hugely appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by willierobison View Post
    I'm having some major issues with a customer's RadioRa2 system and I was hoping someone had some thoughts.

-This system was fully working with no issues for over a year.

-Customer's internet from ISP went down (Telus in Vancouver, Canada)

-After the internet was restored, his keypads no longer worked. When a button was pressed, the load dims down about 30% like it was turning off, but then the light came back on. The same for if the light was off, it would come on about 30% then turn back off. It was like the keypads were sending a signal out twice.

DAY 1

-I attempted to retransfer to the system in an attempt to fix the issue. Both repeaters and connect bridge were found and pinged with no problem. After hitting the transfer button, the find main repeater window would reappear, again finding and pinging the repeaters with no problem, but the transfer would then be cancelled with nothing happening. Same with going into activation.

-After speaking with Lutron Support, they suggested that it seems that there's an issue communicating with the repeaters as the find main repeater window should not keep popping up. They recommended updating the firmware to the latest version.

-I was successful in doing this by plugging directly into each repeater. Success! the keypads now worked! Everything seemed to be working so I didn't transfer to the system and left for the day.

Day 2

-Informed by the owner that the app is no longer working.

-I first attempted to transfer to the system. Same issues, transferring results in find main repeater window coming up and the transfer being cancelled.

-After the attempted transfer, the original issue with the keypads has now returned.

-I reflashed the firmwares, removed the connect bridge from the system, reset factory defaults on the connect bridge, re added it to the system. After reflashing the firmwares, it fixes the issue with the keypads, but the moment I try and transfer all the issues arise again.

-Long story short I had to leave it as the keypads work without transferring to the system with the connect bridge completely disconnected.

Not stated are the hours of time flashing and reflashing firmware, making sure that all firewalls are off both on my laptop and on the home network, trying different network cables, trying wifi and hardwired connections, endless searching for similar problems and solutions, and attempts to adjust settings on the owner's network.

I'm not the low voltage/network person for the house, just a dirty electrician, so my networking knowledge is limited. I think the problem is on that side of things, but I'm at a loss on what to do next.

Any ideas would be hugely appreciated.

I think the best advice at this point, in my opinion, would be since you have the program file to upgrade them to RA3 processor which needs no bridge. You can convert the RA2 to 3 in designer and because Ra3 is cloud based you can leave it dhcp without network changes. You don't have to factory reset or physically walk around and reset or activate the existing devices if you have the original file from RA2