Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro MAW 603 and Companion Switch Issues

Maestro MAW 603 and Companion Switch Issues

Hello:

I have two independent light fixtures in two separate rooms (on different circuits). Each light fixture is controlled individually by one set of MAW-603 Dimmer and a companion switch. I am
    having the following issues:

Light Fixture #1: Can only be truned on or off using MAW-603. I cannot control the light fixture using the companion switch. Although the pulling out the FASS control on either switch turns off the Lights.

Light Fixture #2: Can be turned on or off using both MAW-603 and the companion provided the dimmer position is not for maximum intensity as shown below. If the on MAW 603 is set as below, I cannot control the light fixture using the companion switch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240421_171056.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	1147Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240421_155435.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	1148

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello, thanks for reaching out. The first light fixture installation sounds to be working correctly. However, can you confirm that the FASS works for both MA-603 and MA-R controls to turn off the fixture? Also, can you confirm the total wattage of the incandescent or halogen bulbs installed in light fixture #2 that they do not exceed 600W? If you are using LEDs, we would recommend upgrading the master dimmer to the MACL-153M or the MA-PRO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth P. View Post
    Hello, thanks for reaching out. The first light fixture installation sounds to be working correctly. However, can you confirm that the FASS works for both MA-603 and MA-R controls to turn off the fixture? Also, can you confirm the total wattage of the incandescent or halogen bulbs installed in light fixture #2 that they do not exceed 600W? If you are using LEDs, we would recommend upgrading the master dimmer to the MACL-153M or the MA-PRO.

The FASS works for both MA-603 and MA-R controls on the first switch.

I will check wattage of all bulbs on the second set of controls. I will remove a few bulbs connected to the second set and check if I can set the dimmer on highest intensity to make it work. I will report back once I have tried that.