Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can homeowner move devices in app?

Can homeowner move devices in app?

Just moved into a new home with RA3 controlling 16 lutron shades and 4 picos distributed over 5 areas; installer left yesterday.

I would like to put some of the shades in areas other than where the installer put them but can’t seem to do so. Is this an RA3 limitation? Would I be able to do it with Caseta control instead?

The dealer told me they would provide a caseta hub but installer showed up with RA3; should I ask to switch to Caseta or maybe get RA3 certified?

(It’s confusing because all of the app instructions for moving devices refer to Caseta or RA2, not RA3).

Tbanks.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello Plinian,
    Congratulations on the new home. That is a Ra3 limitation due to the complexity of most Ra3 system there is a training online that needs to be completed before getting access to the Lutron Designer software for the computer. In regards to can you move devices with Caseta, if it was all Caseta devices yes it can be done from inside of the Caseta system. With the system originally being set up as a Ra3 system we would highly suggest keeping it that way. If you would like to take the certification course yourself it is most certainly possible. In order to do so please go to Lutron.com, create an account, go the LCI online portal, and then take course LP 831. That will get you set up with the Ra3 certification course and teach you how to use the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy R. View Post
    Hello Plinian,
    Congratulations on the new home. That is a Ra3 limitation due to the complexity of most Ra3 system there is a training online that needs to be completed before getting access to the Lutron Designer software for the computer. In regards to can you move devices with Caseta, if it was all Caseta devices yes it can be done from inside of the Caseta system. With the system originally being set up as a Ra3 system we would highly suggest keeping it that way. If you would like to take the certification course yourself it is most certainly possible. In order to do so please go to Lutron.com, create an account, go the LCI online portal, and then take course LP 831. That will get you set up with the Ra3 certification course and teach you how to use the system.
    I am curious Rowdy on why you direct a homeowner to take Lutron RA3 training when he paid a professional to install and program his system. Firstly do you really want to inconvenience the customer by having them do all this, and secondly are you trying to circumvent your dealers by cutting them out of this? Seems like you dont give a crap about the installing dealer??

Lutron Technical Support
    Appreciate your feedback, @johnmax.

While we absolutely recommend that @Plinian utilize their original installer, or even find another dealer via the Where To Buy tool as www.lutron.com/wheretobuy, they could attend a training in a pinch in order to make edits for their system, an option that has been available since RadioRA 2. We understand your concerns and collaborate heavily with local Lutron representatives and dealers. We always recommend that homeowners utilize their local dealer network to make modifications to a professionally installed and believe this is the best path to take care of the customer; but there are back up options, just in case.

We also recommend discussing the system comparisons between RadioRA 3 and Caseta, such as the device limit differences, availability of Clear Connect Type X devices, the Lumaris tape light (RA3 only), and more.

We've provided a few resources below. Thank you!

https://radiora3.lutron.com/us/en/
    https://www.casetawireless.com/us/en

follow-up: RA3 control for 0-10V fan

Thanks to all who replied. I have a related question…

The RA3 system in our new house controls the shades and I am considering adding light control for a couple loads that would benefit from the ability to control them remotely.

We have 3 BAF Haiku ceiling fans that were installed with the BAF 0-10V module so that they could be controlled by a Diva dimmer (DVTV) to match the rest of the switches (all Diva, none of them smart). Assuming I keep everything on the RA3 system (no Caseta), what is the most efficient (and aesthetically congruent way to control the fans?

Thank you.

The ia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan C. View Post
    Appreciate your feedback, @johnmax.

While we absolutely recommend that @Plinian utilize their original installer, or even find another dealer via the Where To Buy tool as www.lutron.com/wheretobuy, they could attend a training in a pinch in order to make edits for their system, an option that has been available since RadioRA 2. We understand your concerns and collaborate heavily with local Lutron representatives and dealers. We always recommend that homeowners utilize their local dealer network to make modifications to a professionally installed and believe this is the best path to take care of the customer; but there are back up options, just in case.

We also recommend discussing the system comparisons between RadioRA 3 and Caseta, such as the device limit differences, availability of Clear Connect Type X devices, the Lumaris tape light (RA3 only), and more.

We've provided a few resources below. Thank you!

https://radiora3.lutron.com/us/en/
    https://www.casetawireless.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by Plinian View Post
    Thanks to all who replied. I have a related question…

The RA3 system in our new house controls the shades and I am considering adding light control for a couple loads that would benefit from the ability to control them remotely.

We have 3 BAF Haiku ceiling fans that were installed with the BAF 0-10V module so that they could be controlled by a Diva dimmer (DVTV) to match the rest of the switches (all Diva, none of them smart). Assuming I keep everything on the RA3 system (no Caseta), what is the most efficient (and aesthetically congruent way to control the fans?

Thank you.

The ia
    Hi, we have a couple of options for controlling 0-10v on Radio Ra3, one would be the LMJ-4T5-DV-B, which is a 0-10v module, its not meant to be out facing, so you would want to pair it with either a keypad on your system or a Pico remote on your system. The other option would be to use a neutral based dimmer such as the RRST-PRO-N or the RRD-PRO with a GRX-TVI 0-10V dimming interface.

-Stefan D
    Lutron Tech Support