Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: System interruptions with RA2+HWQS system

System interruptions with RA2+HWQS system

I have a system with a connect bridge that controls our lights and shades. Normally, I can use Alexa or the RA2+HWQS app to control the system without a problem. Twice now, once for about 4 days and recently for more than a week, the system has stopped responding. I can control the lights and shades using the dimmers and RA2 keypads, but Alexa reports that the system is not responding, and the app fails to connect.

I have tried cycling the power on the modem, router, connect bridge, and repeater to no avail.

Is there a central system which has been having trouble recently, is there a service status web page somewhere, or some other way to check (I'm not above writing an app to ping an API endpoint) or is there something I can do on my end when the system has this problem?

Thanks
    Stew

Administrator
    Was your system experiencing any networking issues? What type of network are you using (i.e. Starlink, Verizon, AT&T, etc.) and what type of equipment (i.e. Eero mesh, Ubiquity access node, Araknis router, etc.)? Not all networking equipment is compatible, especially if it is not routinely updated/maintained and can cause a disconnect or a negative interaction for the multicasting that is required to run the Lutron mobile applications

I have Xfiniti service with a Comcast-supplied modem/router and a TP-link gigabit switch. I have used this same equipment for a couple years. There were no network issues during this period, all my other connected devices continued to work perfectly.

The RA2+HWQS app again this morning refuses to connect. Network restart did not resolve the problem. Xfiniti's app tests both the connection to the internet, and to each individual device and reports that the internet is performing above spec (950Mbps) and the Lutron connect bridge device is connected.

I am sure you will blame the network, but it is behaving perfectly in every other respect, and nothing has changed to make it cease functioning. How can I troubleshoot this problem?

Administrator
    If you call Tech Support at 1-888-Lutron1 (588-7661) and provide the MAC Address of the Connect bridge, they can run a connection history scan to see if there is any problem with your network, and just generally assist with troubleshooting specific to your issue