Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Multiple Switches / One light

Multiple Switches / One light

I saw that there are options for 3+ switches. Our home has one set of hall-lights that are controlled by 5 different switches. The vendor we were previously using only allows one extended and one additional wired switch (so a max of 3) switches for a single set. The lights in question are dimmable.

1. Do the Caseta switches support our scenario?
    2. Can they all be wired? We do have existing switch/outlets for the current entries.
    3. Where does the Lutron hub go? Is it simply plugged in somewhere?
    4. Which switches do I need? Are they all available in Canada?

Thanks in advance.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello akselsoft, welcome to the Forums. Yes, we have solutions for your application in our Caseta family!

For the master dimmer, you may use model DVRF-6L; if you want on/off-only with no dimming, the master on/off switch can be model DVRF-5NS (this device requires a neutral wire).

For all the other four locations, you may use the corresponding hard-wired Accessory Switches model DVRF-AS; the master dimmer or switch can go in any location of this multi-location application.

If you wish to have dimming from multiple locations, you can still use the DVRF-6L as the master unit, and the rest of the switches can be replaced with our wireless Pico dimmers model PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01, which can be wall-mounted with PICO-WBX-ADAPT wallplate adapter brackets.

The Lutron hub allows you to access smart features for these devices via the Lutron App. The hub plugs directly into a Wi-Fi router via an included ethernet cable, as well as requires power from an outlet.

All Caseta devices are available in Canada; most can be purchased from retailers such as Home Depot, Lowe's, and Amazon, or through your local electrical distributors and suppliers.

See the below spec sheet for all Caseta load controls and different possible install scenarios:

https://webapiaw1proddat01st01.blob....369987_ENG.pdf

We hope this helps!

Will all that work with HomeKit? I forgot to mention that above.

Thanks so much. So to clarify (I’m new to Lutron products) for a proper Smart home HomeKit implementation

1. Main Switch - DVRF-6L.

2. Five other switches - do I have to use the Wireless or can I use the wired versions ? (Our current switches are wired)

3. Lutron Hub that supports HomeKit.

Does the Lutron DVRF-BDG “kit” include the Hub and the 6L main switch?

Thanks again

Lutron Technical Support
    All Caseta devices will work with HomeKit, yes! HomeKit setup will be automatically prompted upon activating your Caseta hub. You may use the wired Accessory Switches that work with the DVRF-6L master dimmer; these companions are model DVRF-AS.

The DVRF-BDG kit comes with (1) Diva smart dimmer switch, (1) Pico wireless remote, and (1) smart hub.

We hope this helps!

I am installing a DVRF-6L with a manual toggle switch for a 3-way setup for exterior fixtures. If i use all LEDs, the lights flicker rapidly. I switched one bulb out to an incandescent and the system works properly. Do I need a LUT-MLC or something to use the LEDs only?

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello JamesA, welcome to the Forums. We are sorry to hear about the issue you are encountering. The LUT-MLC is unfortunately not compatible with the DVRF-6L; in this case we would recommend possibly trying a neutral-based dimmer from the Caseta family, such as PD-5NE, for added dimming versatility. Otherwise, we would be happy to take a look at the make and model of the LEDs being used, to look into the specs for further suggestions. And as always, compatible LEDs tested and approved by Lutron can be found at our LED Compatibility Tool:

https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Pages/L...atibility.aspx