Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can I put multiple switch types in a switch plate?

Question Can I put multiple switch types in a switch plate?

Hi there. I am drafting up my lighting needs as part of a condo remodel project. I plan on replacing all light switches with Lutron switches. I'll have smart dimmers, regular dimmers, mechanical, dimmer motion sensors, etc. I plan on getting a Caseta hub and using Caseta switches for all the smart needs.

I've seen on the Lutron site a very beautiful selection of switch plates in all kinds of materials. My assumption is that I will be able to order the kind of switch plate I like with the amount of openings I want (anywhere from 1 to 5) and in that switch plate I will be able to have a combination of the types of switches I mentioned above. So for example, I'd like a switch plate with room for 5 switches: 1 motion sensor dimmer, 3 smart dimmers, and 1 mechanical switch.

So my question is, is that assumption correct? :-)

If it is not, is there some general must-do/can't do knowledge those of you with more experience can pass along as I'm getting started?

A portion of my plan can be seen in the screenshot if a visual helps demonstrate my question. (The example I used is not there, it was just an example.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	draft-01-switch-needs.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	243.0 KB 
ID:	1130

Thanks much!

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello dreaming-smart, welcome to the Forums! Your assumption is correct: a large majority of our products, from smart devices to motion sensors to mechanical switches, use the same Designer/decora/decorator/rocker/paddle switch-style wallplate opening. These wallplates are available in 1- through 6-gang configurations. We would suggest, however, going with our Gloss finish, instead of our Satin finish, as Caseta devices are only available in Gloss. See the below spec guides for more information:

https://assets.lutron.com/a/document...0addendums.pdf

https://webapiaw1proddat01st01.blob....369987_ENG.pdf

We hope this helps!