Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MACL Dimmer on same leg not working.

MACL Dimmer on same leg not working.

Ok, Ive been dealing with this issue trying to work it out and with no joy. Here is the scenario. Firstly.. ALL of the LED lights in my home are of the same type! MACL with 2 companions in Kitchen. MACL in Dining room with no companions... on the same breaker(as dining) 1 MACL with 2 companions for stair light. IF the dining room lights are off, I can turn on the Kitchen just fine. If the dining room lights are on, the kitchen lights will not turn on. Example.. Dining room lights are on.. press Kitchen switch.. nothing.. turn off dining room lights, and as soon as dim cycle hits zero, on come the Kitchen Lights. Similar result with the stair light, only the kitchen lights come on before the dim reaches zero. This does not work the other way around... if the kitchen lights are already on, the dining lights come on just fine. Kitchen has 9 lamps rated at 13W: dining 4 rated at 13W, stair 1 rated at 13W. If I move the Kitchen breaker to another leg.. like the one the Living room (5@13W) is on I get a similar response.. kitchen lights only come on after living room has dimmed fully. Again, this does not work the other way around, and at this point the dining and stair lights have no effect on the kitchen. I have tried disconnecting some of the Lamps in the kitchen to see if reduced load would have any effect.. it did not. I tried swapping out the master switch in the kitchen with a new one.. no effect. I have checked all the wiring on all of my MACL units ( I have a house full of them) and everything is wired properly. This is essentially new construction.
    Any ideas or Suggestions?

Update... So after posting I thought.. Ok so what if I put the Dining (4@13W)/stair (1@13W)and the Living room (5@13W) / upstairs hall (3@9W) on the same leg and the kitchen on it's own. Ok.. so everything now works fine... Which to me is just crazy..

Bump... any ideas on this?

Maybe common neutral interaction?

look this app note. http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/360283.pdf

there is another issue called ´´dimmer to dimmer´´ interaction, but i couldn't find any information about this.

Regards.

thanks but not relevant... 3 phase system is the TD.. and even in a 3 phase system there is only one neutral..how do es one separate that?
    Had email exchange with lutron about 7 months ago on this issue.. they were not helpful at all and had about zero tech knowledge... they were more interested in pointing fingers at unrelated things than addressing possible solutions to the problem... meaning.. they know they have a dodgy product, they just aren't honest enough to admit it... I'm about $500 deep into these products on my home.. only to find they only 1/2 work..