Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Light Fixtures That Work With Illumination Installed In 2006

Question New Light Fixtures That Work With Illumination Installed In 2006

Hello,

I am an interior designer, and I have a client who purchased a home with an older existing Lutron system - Illumination 2006. Eventually, they plan on upgrading to HomeWorks QSX.

We are replacing the dated fixtures throughout the house and want to make sure that the fixtures we choose work with the existing system and the eventual upgrade.

Is there a particular brand of lighting I should look at, or what specifics do I need to consider? Also, the current lighting is very dark, so what kind of bulbs would work with the new fixtures and the current system for the best and greatest amount of light? Thank you

My local lighting vendor/showroom has told me finding fixtures will be challenging, which I find hard to believe.

Lutron will tell you that the RPM dimming modules that are part of your system are not compatible at all with LEDs. This is not entirely true as many will work and dim just fine. Unfortunately its the Wild West out there with all the manufacturers of lighting so its going to be hit or miss on what dims correctly. The only guaranteed way is to fully update the old system and modules which will be a huge cost depending on size of the system. We have many clients that do not want to upgrade and they have some LEDs that are fine and some that are not.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJ View Post
    Hello,

I am an interior designer, and I have a client who purchased a home with an older existing Lutron system - Illumination 2006. Eventually, they plan on upgrading to HomeWorks QSX.

We are replacing the dated fixtures throughout the house and want to make sure that the fixtures we choose work with the existing system and the eventual upgrade.

Is there a particular brand of lighting I should look at, or what specifics do I need to consider? Also, the current lighting is very dark, so what kind of bulbs would work with the new fixtures and the current system for the best and greatest amount of light? Thank you

My local lighting vendor/showroom has told me finding fixtures will be challenging, which I find hard to believe.

Lutron does have an online tool that spells out what brands of fixtures have been tested to work with their various types of dimmers.

https://www.lutron.com/en-US/pages/l...atibility.aspx

The Lutron HW-RPM-4A-120 (Adaptative) module is still in production was introduced to handle a greater variety of various electronic driver loads than the HW-RPM-4U-120 (Universal) if your client doesn't already have them in PNL's that are may be there now if they are using the larger system. If they are using just the wired HWD or RF HRD wall box Maestros then those would have to be replaced with the current HQRA-PRO wall box dimmer. Good Luck
    VRM