Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can’t add Sonos to Lutron app

Can’t add Sonos to Lutron app

I am following the instructions here:
    https://support.lutron.com/us/en/pro...the-Lutron-App

It says that in the Lutron app, after tapping + and to add devices, I should see “Sonos - The Home Audio System” as an option. I do not see that. Even if I don’t have Sonos, it should have this option. Do you see it in your app? If you’ve successfully added Sonos, how did you do it?

I have Sonos Play:1 and Play:3 speakers. I use S2, the new communication system on Sonos, not the S1 app that’s for legacy speakers.

Thanks!

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello EricSF, thank you for your question. Are you on Android or iOS? Instead of going through the Add Device screen, can you try going to Integrations in Settings and trying to discover it there? Your Sonos system must be on the same network as your Caseta hub in order for discovery and linking to be successful. If you still do not see this option, we would recommend checking for an update on your Lutron App through your phone's app store, and/or signing out and back into your account on the App. We hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Joy L. View Post
    Hello EricSF, thank you for your question. Are you on Android or iOS? Instead of going through the Add Device screen, can you try going to Integrations in Settings and trying to discover it there? Your Sonos system must be on the same network as your Caseta hub in order for discovery and linking to be successful. If you still do not see this option, we would recommend checking for an update on your Lutron App through your phone's app store, and/or signing out and back into your account on the App. We hope this helps!
    I’m on iOS 17.3.1. The app is fully updated to version 24.1.0, which came out a week ago.

In Settings (gear) -> Integrations, Sonos is “Linked” and has a green circled check box. If I tap it, it can see I have a Sonos system, and shows 9 rooms. But I can’t add anything from this screen. I can tap “Reset Sonos” - which I’ve tried but it doesn’t do anything different.

Under Settings -> Add Device, I do not see Sonos like in the image on the instructions I referenced above. Some of the items are different too, but that’s no big deal. For instance, instead of Audio Remote, I see Pico Remote for Audio.

I’m on the same network. And I’ve logged out and back in too.

Can you check your app (assuming you’re using the same iOS/app version) and see if you see Sonos as an option to add?

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello Erif SF.

Sonos speakers can be utilized by creating a Scene or Schedule and selecting it under the device list. You can also control your Sonos system with the Pico Audio Remote model ​PJ2-3BRL-GWH-A02. ​

Ok, thanks Brandon. I created 3 Scenes as follows:
    Chill: Turn on Office Main Lights @ 97%, Play Sonos in Eric’s room, Chill station (a favorite), 20% volume
    Tron: Turn on Office Main Lights @ 98%, Play Sonos in Eric’s room, Tron station (a favorite), 20% volume
    Off: Turn off Office Main Lights, Stop Sonos

When I select these scenes in the Scenes tab in the app, they work great.

However, next, I took a 4-button Pico PJ2-4B (the 4 button Pico that has 3 light bulbs that are “on” and 1 light bulb that is “off”), and I assigned it to the Office Main Lights. Selecting the Sonos was not an option at this point. Then I enabled each scene from the app’s Scenes tab, then I pressed button 1 (for Chill), 2 (for Tron), or 3 (for Off), holding the button for 6 seconds, to program the button to set that scene. (I tried to also set the 4th button to Off, but it doesn’t seem to work that way. It seems to turn off the lights anyway, so maybe I don’t need an Off scene.)

Now, when I press each button, the corresponding Scene gets highlighted in the app as if I selected it in the app. The lights change to what I want. But Sonos doesn’t play, even though the Scene shows it is on in the app. If in the app, I select the Off scene, then one of the other scenes (Chill/Tron), then the lights do the right thing again, AND Sonos plays.

As a side note, selecting the scene in the app can be extremely slow to get the Sonos to play or stop.

Lutron Technical Support
    Are you using model PJ2-4B-GWH-L31, or one of these models: PJ2-4B-GWH-EL2, PJ2-4B-GWH-P01, PJ2-4B-GWH-P02, PJ2-4B-GWH-P03?

-L31 model can not be set to control Sonos, whereas the other latter models above can be set to activate Sonos as part of its scenes, since it is programmed through the App.

We hope this helps!