Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Original Dimmers and Fan Control vs Diva

Original Dimmers and Fan Control vs Diva

I thought I had my smart light solution in place and then I come across Diva. I’m trying to figure out if I can get full equivalent operation out of Diva that I can get from original. Here is an example of what I will get out of the original in just one room.

Original smart dimmer plus an original pico paired with it for bedside operation.
    Smart Fan Speed Control switch plus a paired fan pico for smart speed control for bedside control

If I were to replace those switches with Diva, will the original picos provide the same functionality. Will I be able to dim the lights and adjust fan speeds with those picos, or do I need to buy different picos and will the provide the same functionality?

Im concerned I’m limited on light brightness to either full bright or the preset with the Diva pico. Then how to control the fan? Is there a Diva pico for that.

Sorry if that’s confusing. My head is exploding trying to make sure I make the right decision.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello FPP777,

The original 3-button Pico remotes (PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01) will still perform just like they did when paired to a PD-6WCL Original Smart dimmer! Please bear in mind that at this time we do not offer a Diva-style fan speed controller (like the PD-FSQN). The Claro Smart Switch model DVRF-5NS will only turn that fan on/off.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon W. View Post
    Hello FPP777,

The original 3-button Pico remotes (PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01) will still perform just like they did when paired to a PD-6WCL Original Smart dimmer! Please bear in mind that at this time we do not offer a Diva-style fan speed controller (like the PD-FSQN). The Claro Smart Switch model DVRF-5NS will only turn that fan on/off.
    Thanks Brandon. That answers my question. I believe I will proceed with the Diva smart dimmers.

A follow on question. I have a set up where there are two dumb switches that control two light cans. So I guess that’s a 3 way. Can you tell me where to find the wiring diagram for two diva smart dimmers in place of the two dumb.

Lutron Technical Support
    Since the Diva Smart Dimmer is considered a master unit, only one can be installed in a 3-way location. The other 3-way can either be a Claro Accessory Switch (DVRF-AS). standard 3-way mechanical switch, or a Pico remote. Please refer to the Advanced Installation Guide for wiring diagrams: Caseta Wireless Advanced GUIDE (0301710) (lutron.com)