Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Dimmer Switch Failed After 3 Monthes

Exclamation Dimmer Switch Failed After 3 Monthes

I have a dimmer switch (PD-6WCL-WH/PD-10NXD) that worked well for 3 months. It used to turn on and off automatically based on the schedule I set in the Lutron APP. Last week, it suddenly failed to turn on in the evening . I pulled out the FASS tab and pushed it back in, but it didn't work. I had to remove it from the wall and reconnected each wire, but it still failed to work.

So, I bought a brand-new one on Amazon and installed it yesterday. The same thing happened again. The switch indicator could move to the 'On' position, but the light did not turn on. The only way to turn on the light is through the Lutron APP.

I am so confused and frustrated. I would be grateful if you could help me solve this problem.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello danielhooverc and welcome to the forums!

We are sorry to hear about this misbehaving dimmer. Since this issue followed on a new device we would like to get a better understanding of the load its controlling. Is this load LED, incandescent, or halogen? What is the total wattage? If the load is LED, could you please provide the model number on the bulb/fixture?

If these fixtures take screw base (removable) bulbs, can you please temporarily try an incandescent to see if the performance of the dimmer improves?