Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 3_way with 2 sensor switches

3_way with 2 sensor switches

I have a room with 3-way switches controlling a single light. I had motion sensing 3-way switches at each switch, and this worked for 15 years. One switch went bad, so I needed to replace them. I bought two MS-OPS5MH. This didn't work. Apparently, only one can be the sensor. How do I get a sensor at both switch locations?

No one knows / will share how to have a motion switch at each end of a 3-way circuit?

Hi John,

At this time, Lutron does not offer in-wall wired sensors that can be installed at both locations in a 3-way circuit.

In order to have sensing from multiple locations, we recommend using Caseta occupancy sensors paired wirelessly with a Caseta in-wall switch. This solution allows for flexibility in sensor placement to optimize coverage in the space. Up to 10 sensors can be paired directly to one Caseta switch.

Your intended application would require one Caséta Wireless In-Wall Switch and 2 Caséta Wireless Motion Sensors. For your 3-way circuit, a Caseta switch would be installed at one location, and the other location would be controlled using a standard mechanical switch.

Please note that most of our Caseta on/off switches do require a neutral connection at the location where the switch is installed.

We hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please feel free to respond to this email. For immediate assistance, please contact our 24/7 Technical Support Team @ 1-888-Lutron1 (588-7661) and refer to the case number listed in the subject line of this email.

Thanks,
    David G