Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Any Caseta Diva Dim-to-Warm Downlight?

Any Caseta Diva Dim-to-Warm Downlight?

I'm looking for a bulb I can use in my new construction project but getting a bit overwhelmed with the dimming requirements as I'm getting into the details. Wondering if anyone on the forum can help.

I have all the Caseta Diva switches for my house on-hand (DVRF-6L-WH) and trying to find a dim-to-warm 4" downlight that would work.

I have 4" cans installed (https://noralighting.com/product/nhic-4lmrat/) and I was originally looking at Nora comfort dim lights. (https://noralighting.com/product/npr-4rndc/) This light has Triac or ELV dimming option but that doesn't appear to be compatible with the Caseta system which I didn't realize until recently, so I think I need to find another option.

At this point I see a few paths forward based on what I've been able to learn about LED dimming...

1 - Look for another bulb. The compatibility checker shows there are a few options with selectable color temp, but nothing with dim-to-warm. I'm curious if there are dim-to-warm options that haven't been captured on this list.

2 - Drop the dim-to-warm requirement and use one of the compatible bulbs

3 - Use Maestro dimmers with ELV dimming and give up Caseta functionality (or upgrade to RA2)

If anyone is aware of a bulb that would allow option 1, or have another suggestion I would love to hear about it.
    Thanks in advance!

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello btulloch, welcome to the Forums. Although we ourselves have not conducted compatibility testing between our dimmers and the Nora NPR-4RNDC downlights you were looking into, a lack of a test result on our part does not imply incompatibility. Furthermore, since the fixtures can work with TRIAC or ELV dimming, it may perform perfectly fine with the DVRF-6L model, as this is a TRIAC/forward phase/leading edge dimmer.

We wouldn't necessarily have any other fixture suggestions besides what is on our Compatibility Tool, as this resource shows everything tested that is currently available off the shelves in stores and is an active sku.

So, we can confirm that although compatibility couldn't be 100% guaranteed, the DVRF-6L would be within spec for using with these desired LEDs.

Also, the Caseta family does have an ELV-rated dimmer, model PD-5NE. This device can handle up to 250W of dimmable LED and is neutral wire-required.

We hope this helps!