Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Pico Paddle Remotes with Lamp Dimmer default level

New Pico Paddle Remotes with Lamp Dimmer default level

I am using the new pico paddle remotes (PJ2-P2B-GWH-L01) with classic Caseta lamp dimmers PD-3PCL-WH).

When I tap the top button, the dimmer seems to go to 75%. If I tap again, or double tap, it goes to full. Why is this happening? How is it deciding on 75% as a default level?

The pico doc here (https://support.lutron.com/us/en/pro...he-Pico-Remote) says a single tap can set a DVRF-6L to it’s preset slider level, but obviously lamp dimmers don’t have sliders.

Can I adjust this preset level? Can I tell it to just go to full on a single tap?

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello Jakedeg, welcome to the Forums. For pairing with non-DVRF-6L devices, the Paddle Pico behaves as follows:

• From an Off-state, the P2B will bring dimmers to 75%
    • From an On-state, the P2B will bring dimmers to 100% (or by double-tapping from Off state)
    • ​This cannot currently be reprogrammed

So, the behavior you are experiencing is currently the programming for using this Pico with non-Diva Smart Caseta devices.

We hope this clarifies!

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. I sure do wish this was more configurable from the app. Makes me consider returning this stuff and going with Leviton alternatives instead, which have much deeper software config options.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello Jakedeg,

Our apologies for this lack of customization. I will be happy to forward your feedback to the proper team.

I seriously hope this gets updated with a firmware update and be overridden in the Caseta app or pico button sequence. I purposely purchased a few Pico Paddles to replace some 5 button picos. I wanted the aesthetic, simplicity and ease of use of a paddle. I was disappointed to find out that it dims to a fixed 75% which is way too bright. The paddle controls two PD-5NE-WH-C's so I just assumed that it would inherit the favorite preset from the dimmers that it's controlling. Please apply this necessary customization.

I would never consider moving to another manufacturer but yes please pass along some feedback to the proper team. While you are at it, lets update programming abilities in Lutron Designer so that we can set the Paddle Pico or any other PJ2-2B-xxx to be able to single scene raise/lower. Why are we limited? I was excited with the new Pico Paddle (PJ2-P2B-GWH-L01) as it looks better aesthetically on installations than any PJ2-2B-XXX in a home with Sunnata, Maestro or Diva switches and dimmers but the lack of programming beyond a single action kills it. How this wasn't designed for press or hold for raise & lower and double tap for full on & off surprises me.

Yes, you can adjust the preset level for the PD-3PCL-WH dimmer with the Pico Paddle remote (PJ2-P2B-GWH-L01). However, setting it to maximum brightness with just one touch may require some adjustment or may not be possible directly due to the way the system is designed. bitlife