Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro Dimmer Switch not working! Help!!

Maestro Dimmer Switch not working! Help!!

TYPE OF LIGHT: six inch halo recessed light that is canless. The model number is HALO
    HLBPH6

MODEL TYPE OF MAESTRO dimmer: Model #: MACL-153MLH-WH from Lowe’s.

(According to Lutron website, the six inch halo light is compatible with the Maestro Single-pole/3-way LED Rocker Light Dimmer Switch)

EXPERIENCED LEVEL: I am no master electrician by any means this isn’t my first time installing a dimmer switch but I can tell you this is my first time that I have experienced a problem with a dimmer switch.

WHAT I DID:
    I hooked up the live hot wire coming from a j-box/power to the black screw and the other black hot wire from the halo led light to the “load” in the brass screw. It is grounded of course and neutral wire is connected to the light’s neutral. Then turned on breaker panel and I see no indication lights or anything. My multimeter tells me that I am receiving 120 volts in the black screw with hot live wire attached to black screw but I see nothing on the load brass screw no power no voltage no numbers popping up on my multimeter and still no indicator lights or anything!

Please help bc this is really irritating me and I’ve installed a thousand dimmer switches with no problems so any input/advice/help would be greatly appreciated! 🙏🏻 thanks!

Chris

Please please help! Problem with maestro dimmer

Quote Originally Posted by Css6999 View Post
    TYPE OF LIGHT: six inch halo recessed light that is canless. The model number is HALO HLBPH6

MODEL TYPE OF MAESTRO dimmer: Model #: MACL-153MLH-WH from Lowe’s.

(According to Lutron website, the six inch halo light is compatible with the Maestro Single-pole/3-way LED Rocker Light Dimmer Switch)

EXPERIENCED LEVEL: I am no master electrician by any means this isn’t my first time installing a dimmer switch but I can tell you this is my first time that I have experienced a problem with a dimmer switch.

WHAT I DID:
    I hooked up the live hot wire coming from a j-box/power to the black screw and the other black hot wire from the halo led light to the “load” in the brass screw. It is grounded of course and neutral wire is connected to the light’s neutral. Then turned on breaker panel.

PROBLEM: After hooking it up and turned on the power, I see no indication lights or anything that is turned on. To check if there is power coming in, My multimeter tells me that I am receiving 120 volts after I touch my positive probe on the black screw with hot live wire attached to it but as for the load brass screw/black wire to the light I see no numbers other than zero so no power no voltage no numbers popping up on my bc multimeter and still no indicator lights and it never once flash or activate on the indicator bulbs. It’s reselling confusing and what makes it more confusing is that when I switch out the dimmer switch for a regular on/off switch, the light turns on and all is good and normal. It’s blowing my mind.

Did I do something wrong does anyone know what the signs means. Please Please help bc this is really irritating me and I’ve installed a thousand dimmer switches with no problems so any input/advice/help would be greatly appreciated! 🙏🏻 thanks!

Chris
    I need some help fast bc my wife is having her office party and this is last minute emergency or whatever it is called thanks

Lutron Technical Support
    This is most likely a case of a defective dimmer. Were you able to return this dimmer to the store and try another one?