Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: QSX Crestron integrate

QSX Crestron integrate

Hello.

I'm having trouble integrating Lutron QSX with Crestron. I have a seeToutch keyboard and I see that if there is nothing programmed on the key, e.g. number 1, the "Press" and "Release" signals go to Crestron and everything is OK.
    And if there is anything programmed on the key, Crestron only receives the "Press" signal.
    The Crestron programmer claims that everything is fine on the Crestron side. What can I check from the Lutron website?

Thanks

What do they need the Release signal for? When I tie QSX into Crestron I only use the press joins on the Crestron side. Which button model are they using on the Crestron module? Are their Crestron modules up to date?

Pressing a key on the keypad leaves the state high. I need to know when the key was pressed and released because this keyboard is also for multiroom. When I do SET from the Lutron terminal, the high state changes to low. The problem is with the physical press. The module is up to date.

Thats odd as Ive done this and never saw that happening on my systems (and i'm the Lutron and Crestron programmer). That press signal coming in should be going low again assuming he has the button mode parameter in Simpl module set to Press/Release. Is he using the Lutron HomeWorks QSX Button Control module and NOT the LED Control module? Should be using the Button Control- v1.1 is current but 1.0 should work fine too.

What is your button feedback on the Lutron side set for? A Toggle or Single Press?

He should be able to add a One Shot on the Simpl side to your incoming Lutron button press which will pulse his logic once that button goes high. Although it should go low again to allow the One Shot to retrigger.

Version 1.1 and QSX Button Control. Please note that I wrote that it works well if nothing is programmed under the lutron key. no light scene or condition. if there is anything it stops working. It doesn't matter whether toggle or single press. This is important because I need to control the volume and brightness level on one keypad. therefore I need to know when the client selected the "Music" button and when "Light"

I would suggest that your Crestron programmer gets in contact with Controlworks who created the Crestron QSX modules. They will be able to help and get to the bottom of this.

Hi there,

It seems the "Release" signal issue with programmed keys on your Lutron QSX and Crestron seeTouch might require further investigation. While the Crestron programmer claims their side is okay, here are some potential checks on the Lutron side:

Module Version: Ensure you're using the latest Lutron HomeWorks QSX Button Control module (v1.1) within Crestron.
    Button Feedback: On the Lutron side, verify if the button feedback is set to "Toggle" or "Single Press." "Single Press" might explain the missing "Release" signal.
    Crestron Logic: The Crestron programmer could add a "One Shot" logic on their side to capture the brief "Release" pulse even if it drops quickly.
    These are starting points, and you might need to consult the Lutron and Crestron communities or support for further troubleshooting based on your specific setup.

Good luck!

Gotta love the sneaky hidden spam links...