Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro dimmer turns on by itself

Maestro dimmer turns on by itself

I have a Maestro dimmer installed for approximately 4 years, worked perfectly until recently it started to turn on by itself to the lowest dimmer level. I thought the dimmer was defective and purchased and installed a new Maestro dimmer. The same issue happened immediately. Shut off the lights and moments later the dimmer would turn itself on to the lowest dimmer level. The switch operates 3 counter lights with 3 incandescent bulbs in each light. What could be the problem? Thank you

I have a similar problem. Ra2 select system all over the house, RRD-Pro maestro dimmer working fine for a year, and now it turns on all by itself. The rest of the internet keeps telling me I have automations running and I do NOT. Lutron tech support tells me my lights are not compatible, but I have tons of these lights all over the house with the same dimmer in other locations and this isnt happening with any others. The dimmer has failed twice (error flashing lights and unable to reset) after this randomly turning on behavior and I’m on my third. 🤷🏻*♀️

My electrician says there could be interference…. But only with this one switch and nothing else in the house? There is a companion involved, but I don’t believe its a wiring problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Flacker63 View Post
    I have a Maestro dimmer installed for approximately 4 years, worked perfectly until recently it started to turn on by itself to the lowest dimmer level. I thought the dimmer was defective and purchased and installed a new Maestro dimmer. The same issue happened immediately. Shut off the lights and moments later the dimmer would turn itself on to the lowest dimmer level. The switch operates 3 counter lights with 3 incandescent bulbs in each light. What could be the problem? Thank you

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkybling View Post
    I have a similar problem. Ra2 select system all over the house, RRD-Pro maestro dimmer working fine for a year, and now it turns on all by itself. The rest of the internet keeps telling me I have automations running and I do NOT. Lutron tech support tells me my lights are not compatible, but I have tons of these lights all over the house with the same dimmer in other locations and this isnt happening with any others. The dimmer has failed twice (error flashing lights and unable to reset) after this randomly turning on behavior and I’m on my third. ������������*♀️

My electrician says there could be interference…. But only with this one switch and nothing else in the house? There is a companion involved, but I don’t believe its a wiring problem.
    Hello! We're sorry to hear about this reoccurring issue. If you haven't already, we would like to start off by receiving a copy of your system support files to verify that nothing in the system is telling this specific dimmer to turn ON. Ensure your smartphone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network that your RA2 Select system is on. Then, open the Lutron app and tap Settings > Help > Submit Support Logs > My lights are turning On/Off randomly. Please note the device name (as it appears in the app) and provide us with an exact time the lights last came on at.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Flacker63 View Post
    Hello Flacker63,

Our apologies for not providing a response to this thread sooner. If you are still experiencing this issue, have you had a chance to give us a call at 1(888)588-7661 or emailing our team at support@lutron.com?