Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Carbon/Smoke Detector Integration

Carbon/Smoke Detector Integration

I have a customer that wants his Carbon/smoke detectors in the system. What products work well with the system and will give some control over them?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    ForrestD, what kind of control does he want over a Carbon/Smoke detector? The only way that something like that would integrate into a Radio Ra2 system would be through a VCRX. The detector would need to feature a contact closure output which would get connected to the contact closure input on the VCRX, then when the detector is triggered it could turn on a programmed set of lights or scene.

3. Thanks ForrestD thanked for this post
    That makes sense. I can see how that would work well. I don't know if I'm putting a vcrx into the system though, there aren't any other devices that have the contact closure outputs are there?

LMJ-CCO1-24-B
    RF CCO Module®The RF CCO Module is a low-voltage radiofrequency (RF) control that provides a singledry contact closure output based on input fromRadioRAR 2 and HomeWorksR QS systems.It can be powered by 24 V~ or 24 V- foreasy connection and integration into buildingmanagement, HVAC, VAV, and other 3rd-partysystems.• Single contact closure output including bothnormally open (NO) and normally closed (NC) drycontacts• Maintained or momentary

6. Thanks ForrestD thanked for this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The LMJ-CCO1-24-B only has an output, you would need to use the VCRX to be able to receive the CCI from the detector.

8. Thanks ForrestD thanked for this post
    Ok, thanks for the information everyone.