Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Programing a QSE-CI-WCI in a QSX system and Palladiom KP's to control a QSE-IO

Programing a QSE-CI-WCI in a QSX system and Palladiom KP's to control a QSE-IO

Hello,
    I am trying to set up programming for an exhaust fan to be turned on and off by means of a Faradite 360 motion sensor.

The gear being used is:
    Faradite 360 motion sensor with dry contact closure.
    QSE-CI-WCI wallbox closure input. Using terminals 1 & COM input for the Faradite sensor. QSE-CI-WCI is wired into the QS link on the keypad loop and has been activated.
    QSE-IO is used for the output closures to control a relay setup to control the line voltage of the exhaust fans. These have a separately derived 12-volt control through the contact closure to drive the relays.

Now, first, in the programing of the QSE-CI-WCI device, I am having trouble understanding which assignable item to use here and which button type to select using the Faradite closure input.
    Second, when I am in the design tab the Faradite (third party occupancy) says “Not Assigned”. Is this because we would be just using the closure of it and not wired directly to a QSE-IO input?

I am having trouble understanding how this should be programmed.

Thank you

Wondering if you figured this setup and programming out. I have the same question and equipment and in the past with SeeTouch keypads I used the assign inputs to connect the motion but like you said with the QSE-CI-WCI there is no ability to assign them.

Easy

Quote Originally Posted by John@CHE View Post
    Wondering if you figured this setup and programming out. I have the same question and equipment and in the past with SeeTouch keypads I used the assign inputs to connect the motion but like you said with the QSE-CI-WCI there is no ability to assign them.
    Yes.
    The Faradite won't get assigned. The WCI just gets programmed for an input "Maintained Contact Closure". The Faradite, even though it is a motion, doesn't get programmed as such. See this image. Hope this helps Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (227).png 
Views:	14 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	1138

FNF Week 8
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoekman View Post
    Hello,
    I am trying to set up programming for an exhaust fan to be turned on and off by means of a Faradite 360 motion sensor.

The gear being used is:
    Faradite 360 motion sensor with dry contact closure.
    QSE-CI-WCI wallbox closure input. Using terminals 1 & COM input for the Faradite sensor. QSE-CI-WCI is wired into the QS link on the keypad loop and has been activated.
    QSE-IO is used for the output closures to control a relay setup to control the line voltage of the exhaust fans. These have a separately derived 12-volt control through the contact closure to drive the relays.

Now, first, in the programing of the QSE-CI-WCI device, I am having trouble understanding which assignable item to use here and which button type to select using the Faradite closure input.
    Second, when I am in the design tab the Faradite (third party occupancy) says “Not Assigned”. Is this because we would be just using the closure of it and not wired directly to a QSE-IO input?

I am having trouble understanding how this should be programmed.

Thank you
    Check that the QSE-IO output activates the relay to control the exhaust fan when the input from QSE-CI-WCI is triggered.

I was able to get this to work with the faradite into the QSE-IO. I simply connected it to the relay input of the QSE. I'm not at a computer so I can't send a screenshot but will try to show an example when I open up designer next time.