Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Multi gang switch compatibility

Multi gang switch compatibility

I was upgrading one switch in a 4 gang box to a new caseta decora style switch and paired with a pico for remote use. The other three switches were Eaton decora single pole 15 amp switches. When I went to replace the cover I noticed the cassette switch sat 3/16" higher on the yoke then then the other three switches. This cause the cover plate not to fit over the switches.

Has anyone experienced this, and is this a common problem when inter mixing brands? Or could I have possibly gotten a one off caseta switch that came off centered from the factory?

2. Thanks jeffw thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dskel572 View Post
    I was upgrading one switch in a 4 gang box to a new caseta decora style switch and paired with a pico for remote use. The other three switches were Eaton decora single pole 15 amp switches. When I went to replace the cover I noticed the cassette switch sat 3/16" higher on the yoke then then the other three switches. This cause the cover plate not to fit over the switches.

Has anyone experienced this, and is this a common problem when inter mixing brands? Or could I have possibly gotten a one off caseta switch that came off centered from the factory?
    Any updates?

:) :) :) ...

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,
    The design of the Smart Diva (DVRF-6L) was to fit the common decora wall plate opening. Dimension wise it is meant to fit 1.317" wide by 2.637" high. We would suggest taking photos of the unit in the wall with the cover off so the screws can be seen to our support@lutron.com email and our tech support agents would be able to assist you best that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy R. View Post
    Hello,
    The design of the Smart Diva (DVRF-6L) was to fit the common decora wall plate opening. Dimension wise it is meant to fit 1.317" wide by 2.637" high. We would suggest taking photos of the unit in the wall with the cover off so the screws can be seen to our support@lutron.com email and our tech support agents would be able to assist you best that way.
    I will try it first. Will contact if support is needed. Thank you.