Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How do you delete a project from the cloud?

How do you delete a project from the cloud?

I was at a training thing the other day and made a practice project and try as might, I can't figure out how to delete it. I can delete it locally of course but on the main page where I see all my cloud projects, the 3 dots doesn't have a delete option. I also like to give estimates by just making a dummy file and may forget to check the box to not save it to the cloud so I don't want to clutter the up cloud with a bunch of junk projects.

I realize this is probably a dangerous thing to do so on the flip side of that, what happens if someone accidentally deletes a legitimate cloud file? If we have a local copy can we resave it back to the cloud and give others permission?

Just for anyone reading this post in the future.

LUTRON IS NEW TO THE CLOUD BASED STUFF MAKE SURE YOU GO TO FILE --> EXPORT TO FILE BEFORE LEAVING ANY JOBSITE.

However, if your on the places/connect tab when you first open designer and hover over the project you want to remove, there the 3 dots next to 'open' head there, manage sharing, and revoking access to yourself will delete it from the list.

Verify whether the cloud platform supports version history or recovery. Certain platforms permit the restoration of expunged files and the reversion to an earlier version.