Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wireless Repaters - limit 1?

Question Wireless Repaters - limit 1?

Hello,
    Our organization had a Lutron lighting system put in by a contractor. We have had some issues with lights in a large hall being triggered when they're supposed to. I ordered three repeaters (PD-REP-WH) to make sure we have proper coverage. When using the Lutron app, I was able to add one repeater, but then it says something like "You have reached the maximum number of repeaters (1)." I'd really like to add the other two so we don't have any more issues with lights being triggered. What should I do?

Also while I'm asking, here are a few more questions.
    1. The app still says "send invite to customer" at the bottom. I've already accepted the invite, how do I get the app in end-user mode?
    2. A room and some scenes/switches were spelled incorrectly, if I change the naming will it mess with the scheduling or anything? Just a spelling error but its driving me crazy.
    3. The app will work fine for a while, but then randomly not be able to find our controller and it has to search the network forever, then I have to manually type the IP address in, and then click the button on the controller (which is quite inaccessible). Can I get the app and switch to just remember each other?

Thanks for your help!

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,

The Caseta system has a maximum of one repeater (PD-REP) and one range extender (PD-3PCL) to achieve the most range in a system. Please take a look below for how this propagates:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Repeater and Bridge with PID (1).png 
Views:	8 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	1088

The only way to utilize those other repeaters will be to add them with other L-BDG2-WH hubs. This would make for a poor user experience because those hubs would show up under the app as other "properties". Devices cannot communicate to one another across hubs either.

Please see the answers to your follow up questions below:

1. This is most likely because the hub is being accessed under a Pro Installer account. Please sign out and create a Homeowner account. The hub will ask if you would like to transfer ownership into that account (all of your devices, scenes, and schedules will import).
    2. You are welcome to change the name of those devices. The hub identifies each device via their serial numbers, the device name helps the user identify them easier. The hub will always know which device is added to a schedule or scene because of that unique serial number.
    3. A static IP can be assigned to the hub. Please open the Lutron app and tap Settings > Advanced > Integration > Network Settings > Disable DHCP and manually enter in the desired IP Address.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon W. View Post
    Hello,

The Caseta system has a maximum of one repeater (PD-REP) and one range extender (PD-3PCL) to achieve the most range in a system. Please take a look below for how this propagates:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Repeater and Bridge with PID (1).png 
Views:	8 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	1088

The only way to utilize those other repeaters will be to add them with other L-BDG2-WH hubs. This would make for a poor user experience because those hubs would show up under the app as other "properties". Devices cannot communicate to one another across hubs either.

Please see the answers to your follow up questions below:
    geometry dash subzero
    1. This is most likely because the hub is being accessed under a Pro Installer account. Please sign out and create a Homeowner account. The hub will ask if you would like to transfer ownership into that account (all of your devices, scenes, and schedules will import).
    2. You are welcome to change the name of those devices. The hub identifies each device via their serial numbers, the device name helps the user identify them easier. The hub will always know which device is added to a schedule or scene because of that unique serial number.
    3. A static IP can be assigned to the hub. Please open the Lutron app and tap Settings > Advanced > Integration > Network Settings > Disable DHCP and manually enter in the desired IP Address.
    thank you!